Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soft Rifle Case

Soft Rifle Case

I am looking to buy myself a new Soft Scoped Rifle Case. I looked on Amazon and the ones I liked said free shipping but when I went to check out they still want more money for shipping, seems like Amazon is a scam site to me and I won't support them.

I then found a couple on Ebay from the United States that I like with free shipping to Canada, the price is around $40.00 Canadian. My concern is will I be charged duty or any customs fees on a forty dollar purchase of a Soft Scoped Rifle Case from the States?

Or should I just wait until next time I go to the big city and buy one there where I won't be charged any additional fees?

Cabela's have lots of sales on gun cases , and often have free shipping as well . This being the Christmas season ; it might be best just to keep an eye on Cabela's web site , and wait for a decent Christmas sale .
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Gunexpert007

Rory McCanuck (11-17-2019)

Check out Cabelas Canada. Cases are often on sale, and free shipping, or free with a 99 dollar purchase.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By wolver

lone-wolf (11-17-2019)

I have one of these, holds full Bubba SKS with scope and bipod

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/46439...-soft-gun-case

Some ‘free shipping’ on Amazon is only with an Amazon Prime paid membership, or with a shopping cart total over a certain dollar value. Check the fine print.

I’d personally just pick one up at the nearest gun emporium or hardware store if you’re dead set against any sort of shipping fee. When I’m feeling low on cases I usually pick up whatever’s on sale at Cabela’s or Canadian Tire. The ones that go on sale for $19.99 with the Cabela’s stamp on them are decent.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (11-17-2019)

Cabela's has some on sale right now, Cabela's brand, for $13.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/97353...ada-rifle-case

Free shipping over $99, or keep an eye out and they'll have free shipping one of these days soon.
    Assuming of course that you can't find anything else you neeeeed to bring your total up to $100
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

Stew (11-17-2019)

UPS will charge an arm and leg for duty and import fees. It doesn't matter what it is, their fees is for importing the package. Best bet is not to buy from US.

Lots of nice bags from local retailer. Depending on what you looking for. I got bags from Tenda, Al Flaherty, Target, and Cabelas.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post

Free shipping over $99, or keep an eye out and they'll have free shipping one of these days soon.
    Assuming of course that you can't find anything else you neeeeed to bring your total up to $100
    noticed those, likely grab one myself

Quote Originally Posted by Northshore View Post
    I am looking to buy myself a new Soft Scoped Rifle Case. I looked on Amazon and the ones I liked said free shipping but when I went to check out they still want more money for shipping, seems like Amazon is a scam site to me and I won't support them.
    IF you actually read the amazon posting (and lets be clear there is Amazon.com and Amazon.ca) you'd understand fairly quickly the "free shipping" is within the US. So not a scam, you just didn't take the time to read and understand what it meant.

Amazon is probably the world's biggest shopping website ..... but you think its "a scam?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post

That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for, as I really need to have a decent sized zipper side pocket. In the product description they don't say what the length of the Case is. Does anyone have one and know the length as need it to be at least 48 inches long?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast