Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Looks like a striped down DeLorean.
    Looks like a stainless BBQ.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

LB303 (11-23-2019), Swingerguy (02-02-2020)

RobertMcC
    I want a 54 F100.. Bagged, with modern suspension, and modern EFI engine.

Or a Square body Chev with a 453T

My son is the pickup truck guy. Had three F-150's. The 76 with the 6 cyl and manual trans was a darn good truck, something I could relate to. Then the 79, a 302 with 4wd was awesome, but a pig. The 92 stepside was pretty, but not as much use. And still a pig. Now he's got an old Chevy which you guessed it, is a pig. Not that I'm immune to the big shiny lure. Got hooked into an S-15 Jimmy one time while I was shopping minivans, of all things. It saddens me to say, but never going to buy another GM after that. It drove great, 80 mph all day up the freeway in air conditioned comfort, or up some of the dastardliest goat paths that the Bruce had to offer. Had the metal skid plates too. But repairs were too frequent. And needless to say, the 4.3 was a pig. For the past 3 years I've been driving a 2010 AWD Santa Fe (stop laughing) which so far has cost me $100 in repairs and gets twice the gas mileage with the 3.5 V6. And has plenty of GO in reserve. It's not always easy getting the right vehicle for the right time in life, on a budget, but I'm getting better at it.

Ah but I bet that 390 would haul ass...
    Last edited by LB303; 11-23-2019 at 01:04 PM.

I found the 4.3L to be a great engine in the 2wd 1/2 ton. No engine related repairs over a decade long span with my ‘06 Sierra. There was something about the configuration in those S-bodies though. My buddy bought a brand new ZR2 S-10 shortly after high school. Same story, got worse mileage than my full size ‘97 with the 305/5.0 litre, many components replaced in steering, suspension, drivetrain. I think that was a product that GM just didn’t put the engineering into once it got beyond the basic 4 cylinder 2wd model.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Many times I mulled over lifting the body about 3 inches and stuffing a 350 into it. Gas mileage would have been about the same, judging from all the GMs I previously owned (and loved).

I had an early 90's s10 in my garage for a couple years with the intention of putting a 350 in it.
    JTR was the name of the company that makes the kits to do it. They say right in their literature that something like 90% of the "350 into an s10" projects never get finished. So I didn't want to ruin their numbers.
    Got that out of my side of the garage, and put an 82 elcamino in there to take up that space. That project got just as far, but at least I liked looking at it more.
    The elcamino got moved out to the family farm for long term storage, and my brother burned that shed down.
    It saddens me, but I've come to realize that project cars have no space in my life. There never was enough budget, but now there also isn't enough time.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

LB303 (11-24-2019), lone-wolf (02-02-2020)

I had a truck like this. It was a two wheel drive. 1980 Light duty F250. With a 300 inline six. With a full size camper on. It was getting 18mpg. It loved the hills. The odometer rolled four times. I Had to get rid of it when my daughter was born. Hated it on the logging roads. It was to light on the back end. If you had some weight in the box. It was fine.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ruger#1

Camo tung (11-23-2019), lone-wolf (02-02-2020)

If you got money to burn..........

Government is your servant not your master.
    Taxation is theft.

Abolish government

BC have the same issues with municipal snow clearing we have here? Roads aren't touched until a specific amount falls?
    Two wheel drive pick ups are a nightmare in crappy weather. Had a '98 F-150 for 3 weeks before it was stuck in a wee bit of snow in a client's parking lot.
    Ford has girlied up their trucks too. No more proper standard transmissions. U.S. buyers weren't buying 'em. Dodge has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I had an early 90's s10 in my garage for a couple years with the intention of putting a 350 in it.
    JTR was the name of the company that makes the kits to do it. They say right in their literature that something like 90% of the "350 into an s10" projects never get finished. So I didn't want to ruin their numbers.
    Got that out of my side of the garage, and put an 82 elcamino in there to take up that space. That project got just as far, but at least I liked looking at it more.
    The elcamino got moved out to the family farm for long term storage, and my brother burned that shed down.
    It saddens me, but I've come to realize that project cars have no space in my life. There never was enough budget, but now there also isn't enough time.
    I have an 83, I can't come to any realization. It will be finished... some day.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

14. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Dewey Cox (02-02-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12