Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a budget over under

Looking to buy a budget over and under and saw this Dominion Outdoors website,

https://www.dominionoutdoors.ca/laze...rrels-wal.html

I tried researching Lazer Arms but can't seem to find any reviews. Anyone here have any experience with Lazer Arm's Over and Unders

Thank You,

Not gonna knock Dominion, bet there are better priced options, especially if budget is your focus.

A sponsor SFRC is normally really good, among many others...

Lazer is one of the (seemingly endless) budget turkish made shotgun lines.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

4. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

SIR VEYOR (12-03-2019)

cheapest over/under I saw was Pointer 1000 in Camo at Elwood Epps for $499.
    I would have gotten it, but it's made in Turkey.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

I have a Lazer single shot .410. It’s a relatively unremarkable, but serviceable scattergun. I handled a Canuck O/U that I found rather nice for the $600 asking price, the Lazer one may or may not be the same gun. There’s a lot of overlap with these Turkish shotguns, many seem to be churned out under a variety of names from the same factory. I’d be inclined to try and handle one before I bought. It seems like they can turn out really good guns or really cheap guns depending on how much cash is handed over to the factory.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

What’s the intended use for this shotgun? Bird hunting? Casual targets? Estimated round count per year?
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

You can buy a good used beretta or browning for 800 that will shoot circles around a budget shotgun... you might just have to wait a bit to find one.

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JustBen

R&R Rancher (12-04-2019), SIR VEYOR (12-04-2019)

Would like to use it for Skeet shooting, possibly goose hunting. I'm not sure what the round count per year would be. Just starting to get into clay shooting so I'm a beginner.

"...but it's made in Turkey..." There's nothing wrong with stuff made in Turkey.
    "...for Skeet shooting, possibly goose hunting..." How seriously you want to play a skeet/trap/clays matters. Goose guns tend to be longer and have tighter chokes than target guns. That does not mean you cannot use the same gun for both though. Clays is like target practice for shotguns. Skeet/Trap is more like bullseye shooting.
    "...budget over/under..." Is somewhat of an oxymoron though. Where you are will matter a bit. Epp's in Orillia is listing a Zoli(Italian) O/U at $580 if you don't want to support The Poor Man of Europe.

Cabela's has a sale starting Dec 5, there will be a Stevens 555 O/U on sale $635 after MIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast