Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...“3-in-1” oil..." That'll do nicely, but oil is not as good as grease for metal parts moving on metal parts. “3-in-1” brand oil is a light oil. Vs blacksmithden's hydraulic oil. Neither oil nor grease is any good in extreme cold though.
    Father ran 3 in 1 on his paintball guns. And hes was a champion, featured in many Magazines. I run it in my 22s. I like a light oil for 22s since they get gummy easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    been talking to a couple older gentlemen (80s) who believe the only guns worth shooting are 1911s in .45acp. They both TOLD me to use Lucas Red n Tacky on slides and metal to metal applications, they were so adamant about it one gave me a tube, they both use sewing machine oil for oiling, one confessed he buys white mineral oil and refills their little Singer cans
    I never ran grease on my 1911s.

Seems like I got everything. From 3 in 1, Amsoil, 30W ND, ATF, Ballistol, Fluid Film. But I like the Amsoil, probably be cheaper to get a bottle of say 5W30 syn then the little bottle of gun oil. I gave my 4L lug of CLP gun oil away.

LOL, I asked how much to use as it was a standard grease tube, he told me it should last everyone I knew for hundreds of years, he uses it on his ranch so he buys by the case

My brother started using pam spray to lube his guns.
    Now he gets fewer complaints about cleaning guns on the kitchen table.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

I just use the cheapest 5w-20

Air tool oil.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    My brother started using pam spray to lube his guns.
    Now he gets fewer complaints about cleaning guns on the kitchen table.
    I once met a blonde (the classic type), divorced from a rich man and owner of a Corvette. She used Pam spray to unfreeze the door lock... Every day during the winter.

Anyway, if you read the original article, this is related to the direction the writer took, with food processing equipment grease to avoid issues of toxicity.

Didn't the Browns use bacon grease on Alaskan Bush People....LOL

I'd ask the Hailstones

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    Dropped in at the local TSC Store this week. (almost as much fun as Princess Auto) and grabbed some various workshop sundries. This caught my eye, a bit more $$$ than the usual but it has a nice red colour (whatever that does). It will be what my Garands will get for some time. From general maintenance to massaging in after anything gets re-parkerized it will also keep the zerks on my little JD happy.
    Attachment 19606
    My Go-to for slides, barrel bushing, bolt carriers etc.

STD08000_l.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12