Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Scout Rifle

Interesting, as all Ruger ads look like this:

1.jpg

The ad I bought where I missed that detail was:

20210211_190155.jpg

I had no idea that they'd made different versions, as all the Ruger info and other reviews showed it with the brake, and I just didn't look close enough at that detail when I bought it, because I was focused on other details.
    I have no signature block.

That's what I have. No threads. No muzzle device. Just the front sight. I'd like the threaded barrel, but frankly it's just because I have an impossible dream that one day I'll be able to mount a can.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

lone-wolf (02-18-2021)

Wow, so it's not even threaded with a cap? Mine is arriving any day in the mail, and I expected it to be a fuzz brake when I bought it, or at the least a threaded barrel from where one used to be. If you're saying that it's just a normal crowned barrel, that's really odd.

I dont know about odd. But it's a shame, that's for sure.

I dont know the story, but I think early Canadian batches shipped like that. Someone told me once. I forget.

Looks to be an early one, probably doesn't have the Gunsite logo either, metal magazine.
    It depends some of the early ones might be threaded or not depending on either original destination or batch

I have one of the stainless ones from since Ruger started selling the other options it shipped with a flash hider and polymer magazines standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Sorry, I mean the full muzzle brake.

On the Ruger gun there's a very pronounced one on it, must be 3".

Yep, not on the gun I got. Terrible attention to detail on my part, but my unnamed Trudeau gun will be the cage donor until I find another one.
    Are you saying you want the muzzle brake simply because you thought it was included?

Or is it because you want the extra weight and length for some reason?
    Gun Control is about making it unlawful for you to use, carry, or possess a firearm.

All restrictions/prohibitions on the use, carriage, or possession of firearms must be repealed.

Middle ground?

What middle ground?

Valid questions.

To start, I really did have no idea that they had made different versions, so yes, my original impression was just that I was not getting something that was supposed to come with the gun, and now I had to find one to put on there.

I do like the idea of less recoil (if you have an effective one), but to be honest, I'm not that bothered by it. A scout rifle is not the type of gun you take to a firefight to fire 100+ rounds, it's the kind of rifle to bush bash, and fire a short or two if big game pops up, so the small amount more recoil won't matter.

Conclusion: It mattered when I thought I was being scammed out of something that was supposed to be included, but I'm okay with the just the normal crowned barrel if the thing was made like this. Other people should be aware that there are multiple Ruger Scout models, though, which I was not tracking.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

awndray (02-19-2021)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789