Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 370
  1. #21
    Senior Member GTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    East St Paul MB.
    Posts
    2,462
    From the CBC. I'm too sickened to aste teh entire article:


    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ches-1.5386610

    Blair says prohibited gun list coming 'as quickly as possible'
    Social Sharing

    Liberal government promising ban on 'military-style' assault weapons, other gun control measures
    Kathleen Harris ∑ CBC News ∑ Posted: Dec 06, 2019 9:18 AM ET | Last Updated: 6 minutes ago

    Public Safety Minister Bill Blair says a list of military-style assault weapons that will be prohibited in Canada will be released "as quickly as possible," although he did not offer a more precise timeframe.

    Answering questions about the Liberal government's plans for tighter gun control measures on the 30th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre, Blair said the government is committed to ending gun violence.

    Blair said he's developing a list of prohibited weapons that will include specific makes, models and descriptions. He added, however, that he did not want to say yet which guns are going on the list, to avoid a spike in sales before the ban takes effect.

    "What I do not want to precipitate is individuals going out and acquiring those weapons before the publishing of that list," he said, adding that a "very clearly articulated list" of prohibited weapons will be coming "as quickly as possible."
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

  2. #22
    Senior Member Strangeday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,492
    I’d just like to add in that the only way the Liberals are in a position to do this is because Andrew Scheer shit the bed during the election.

    He needs to go. However with 5 kids to raise and a couple mortgages on his house he’s hanging on for his own personal interests and not the interests of CPC members and Canadians.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

    I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.


  3. The Following 21 Users Like This Post By Strangeday

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

    50 B.M.G. (12-06-2019), 762shooter (12-07-2019), Deezel (12-06-2019), Dewey Cox (12-06-2019), Doug_M (12-06-2019), DT741 (12-29-2019), firemachine69 (12-06-2019), Grey_Wolf (12-06-2019), infidel29 (12-06-2019), joe6167 (12-06-2019), killer kane (12-07-2019), LB303 (12-07-2019), Magi (12-07-2019), Mobusten (12-06-2019), Northshore (12-06-2019), play.soccer (12-06-2019), rooivalk (12-07-2019), Shakeyjake (12-08-2019), Sinbad (12-08-2019), Suputin (12-06-2019), TheMerlin (12-06-2019)

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,140
    So Canada got rid of the long gun registry because of a 2 billion dollar price tag. That list would cost way more than that in a buy back...
    Remember High River!

  5. #24
    Senior Member CLW .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 B.M.G. View Post
    And so the civil non compliance begins!
    Compliance of C68 was not terribly high. Compliance in NZ was less than 20% before the police caved and granted an amnesty.

    I suspect the Turd has manipulated Billy B Liar to be the patsy when this goes sideways. Both are total idiots.

    Consider this, compliance in Britain, before registration, was nearly non existent outside the recreational firearms community - the organized shooting sports fraternity.

    That included a lady who had been in the SOE during the war.

    When she passed, at 95, her apartment was gutted for renovations.

    Her cache included a Sten, several grenades, and other assorted weapons - all of which are perfectly legit for an elderly woman to possess.

    They have, to all intents and purposes, disarmed Britain.

    That, very much in spite of the considerable non compliance by Brits who hid their pistols in sock drawers and tool boxes, hid their rifles and autos in attics.

    What those Brits and the organized games players did was to quietly go about their lives; waiting for the day that it would be necessary, or possible, to rise up and overthrow their tyrannical government.

    That day never came because, like the frog, they were boiled before they ever recognized that the water temperature was increasing.

    All of that to say - non compliance, combined with failure to advocate for repeal, will accomplish sweet dick all!
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

    To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

  6. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

    50 B.M.G. (12-06-2019), firemachine69 (12-06-2019), hazmat472 (12-06-2019), Reeferman (12-06-2019), spookyfish (12-06-2019), Waterloomike (12-06-2019)

  7. #25
    Senior Member CLW .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    I’d just like to add in that the only way the Liberals are in a position to do this is because Andrew Scheer shit the bed during the election.

    He needs to go. However with 5 kids to raise and a couple mortgages on his house he’s hanging on for his own personal interests and not the interests of CPC members and Canadians.

    Actually, the reason Trudeau is able to do this goes back to Scheer’s early childhood.

    Back to firearms owners, especially the organized shooting community, refusing to address the requirement to repeal laws and regulations that have no benefit.

    And doing so over and over, right up to today, for the past 40 years!

    This isn’t on Harper, or Scheer, or anyone but us!
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

    To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

  8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

    Camo tung (12-07-2019), SwissArmyMan (12-07-2019), Waterloomike (12-06-2019)

  9. #26
    Senior Member RangeBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    41,895
    Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    From the CBC. I'm too sickened to aste teh entire article:


    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ches-1.5386610

    Blair says prohibited gun list coming 'as quickly as possible'
    Social Sharing

    Liberal government promising ban on 'military-style' assault weapons, other gun control measures
    Kathleen Harris ∑ CBC News ∑ Posted: Dec 06, 2019 9:18 AM ET | Last Updated: 6 minutes ago

    Public Safety Minister Bill Blair says a list of military-style assault weapons that will be prohibited in Canada will be released "as quickly as possible," although he did not offer a more precise timeframe.

    Answering questions about the Liberal government's plans for tighter gun control measures on the 30th anniversary of the Montreal Massacre, Blair said the government is committed to ending gun violence.

    Blair said he's developing a list of prohibited weapons that will include specific makes, models and descriptions. He added, however, that he did not want to say yet which guns are going on the list, to avoid a spike in sales before the ban takes effect.

    "What I do not want to precipitate is individuals going out and acquiring those weapons before the publishing of that list," he said, adding that a "very clearly articulated list" of prohibited weapons will be coming "as quickly as possible."
    680 News (Toronto radio station), said that Blair wasn't going to release the list because he was concerned of a buying spree of to-be-banned guns.

  10. #27
    Senior Member play.soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Republic of Alberta
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    680 News (Toronto radio station), said that Blair wasn't going to release the list because he was concerned of a buying spree of to-be-banned guns.
    Lol!!! Its gonna come out sooner or later
    ďA harmless man is not a good man. A good man is a very dangerous man who has that under voluntary control.Ē
    -Jordan Peterson

  11. The Following User Liked This Post By play.soccer

    tdod101 (12-06-2019)

  12. #28
    Senior Member CLW .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Peaceful non compliance my friends. Theres a handful of government and boat loads of us. Their bullshit only works if we let it work.
    1995, C-68 passes, approximately 2,000,000 (if I understand correctly) firearms owners exercise peaceful non compliance by refusing to get licences or register their firearms.

    Since then, not one firearm has been added to the prohib class, no change has been made to make licencing more difficult, no forced range closures have occurred, no one has a more restrictive ATT.

    Okay, I’ll stop there.

    Are we better off because millions of our fellow Canadians refused to comply?

    No?

    Then what the hell are you suggesting?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

    To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

  13. #29
    Senior Member CLW .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    I wonder if they will just do the prohibitions by order in council or if they have to pass new legislation?
    You wonít be wondering for long.

    But, Iíll give you a hint - C-51.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

    To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

  14. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

    Strangeday (12-06-2019)

  15. #30
    Senior Member Strangeday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    You won’t be wondering for long.

    But, I’ll give you a hint - C-51.
    Plus
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

    I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.


  16. The Following User Liked This Post By Strangeday

    killer kane (12-07-2019)

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •