Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Al's show Savage 64 in stock
    https://alflahertys.com/savage-arms-...e-rifle-40210/
    only $299

They also had a free shipping. I order some stuff from them for Black Friday and used a free shipping cause I was too lazy to go pick it up. The min was like $300.
    Memeber of NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Al's show Savage 64 in stock
    https://alflahertys.com/savage-arms-...e-rifle-40210/
    only $299

They also had a free shipping. I order some stuff from them for Black Friday and used a free shipping cause I was too lazy to go pick it up. The min was like $300.
    Hmmm, tempting.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

They only have 3 in stock.... (according to their online inventory)
    Memeber of NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

As a lefty my opinion is that we need to learn to adapt to the right handed world we live in. Both bolt guns and semis are easy enough to shoot left handed. The biggest problem with left handed rifles is they are very difficult to sell because only 15% of the population is with us.

In my 33 years in the gun world, I have only owned one left handed firearm, and that is my flintlock. Although I have shot right handed flintlocks (not exactly a fun experience).

I picked up a nice Martini 22lr with a lefty stock, have to change it to a righty to fit me. Price was right on it or I wouldn't have bought it. Most new shooters are more interested in than slow accurate shots.

Well it sounds like it’s a Mark II Savage for now. Thanks for the replies, I think he’s getting hooked, so hopefully there’s some more lefty gun threads to come.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By kennymo

firemachine69 (12-12-2019), Mark-II (12-12-2019), Stew (12-11-2019)

Actually having learned to shoot and hunt in a different era, I learned to shoot right and left. It depended on which side of the truck you were on when shooting gophers, lots of things you need to be ambidextrous to do.

"learn to adapt" is fine and all, but the lad should have something special. Something made for him, where he doesn't need to adopt awkward ergonomics. At least for one gun.

My first new xmas gun was an H&R Handy. My brother and I received identical ones. Perfectly handed-agnostic guns.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Stew (12-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I picked up a nice Martini 22lr with a lefty stock, have to change it to a righty to fit me. Price was right on it or I wouldn't have bought it. Most new shooters are more interested in than slow accurate shots.
    I like the look of those, but the price never seems quite right, probably because they are righty guns
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Well it sounds like it’s a Mark II Savage for now. Thanks for the replies, I think he’s getting hooked, so hopefully there’s some more lefty gun threads to come.

I regret selling mine, I had loads of fun shooting it.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast