Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    feed rollers went on my 5L, how to fix ?

place i went to looked at me like I had turned into a giraffe when I asked

fixyourownprinter.com is the place I used to buy from, at least once, because they provided good instructions. After that I'd get the parts cheaper on ebay

5L is the one that looks a bit like a leaf chipper, no? Paper feeds vertically from the back and comes up in front?

I did a 6L once, which is the same thing. It's the separation pads that go on those the most, if I remember - the thing starts feeding ALL of the paper.

I used to enjoy servicing the old HPs around the schools. They're just so much clockwork and solenoids and assorted mechanical rubbish it was a good distraction from glitched computers. Each makes it's own sequence of noises, clicks, groans, swishes, and when the sound isn't quite right I'd have a pretty good idea which bit wasn't working right. I've replaced fried scanners on IIIP's, rebuilt fusers for 4's and 4050's, dug torn paper out of the gubbins of a 4si (never again), stuck electrical tape between sticky/magnetized solenoid contacts ($30 fix from FYOP.com if I remember...)

Good times, geeking out

Later on I'd just wish the things would break down so that we could scrap them and just have to deal with a few dozen photocopiers (with maintenance contracts) instead of several dozen old office printers...
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I had an HP poop the bed so I gutted it except for the rollers and motors, and found a plastic drum (protein powder jug I believe) and turned it into a tumbler. That was how I cleaned my 9mm brass for 3-4 years. Last year it finally quit and I bought it vibratory cleaner, money well spent.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

I have had a Brother HL-L2390DL. It will scan, fax, copy and print. It uses dry toner (which does not dry out) but only prints B & W. It works, it scans very well, it copies great, and while toner is expensive, in two years I have only had to buy it once. Cost per copy is way cheaper than an ink Jet. Got mine at staples. I use it a lot.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By MarkR

Stew (12-22-2019)

Thank You All for the input!

B&W it is and like usual price and availability came into play. The chipped cartridges bug me a bit bit it is what it is......

54814CEE-C41A-4C11-A6BC-34980F2D6580_1_201_a.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

coastal (12-22-2019), Purdom234 (02-27-2020)

I think canon is the best , but the cartridges are quite expensive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12