Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mad Skills But.....

As this clip is going on a decade old, you have to wonder if this cat is still alive...... Heck of a hobby that Ruskie Commute.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I imagine a few of his organs are being enjoyed by other by now.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

JustBen (02-17-2020), kennymo (02-18-2020)

There is a difference between "mad skills" and naked stupidity.

As a bike guy I have certainly split lanes often enough but that kinds of thing requires understanding that cars move and some drivers are ignorant azzholes and random, bad shit happens. Screaming through traffic like that is not "mad skills", it is just stupidity.

See, I prefer those videos from semi's dashcams, where the cunned stunt on the bike hits a car at 150mph and he does a cartwheel and an arm comes of or something.
    They give me a warm fuzzy that mankind is shedding just a little bit of the dumb.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

After 33 years of street riding I can assure you that car drivers make up the vast majority of idiots and morons on the roads. I have seen car drivers do all manner of simply unbelievable things. IMO approximately 95% of car drivers are functionally incompetent to drive and at best one could describe their skill level as ..... following the car in front of them.

When you drive that aggressive in heavy traffic like that your luck will run out sooner than later.

I don't think any one particular group owns the stupidity crown. Semi's, cars or bikes....all are more capable that the skillset of the operators these days. The advent of traction control, ABS and blind spot detection combined with in vehicle entertainment features has dumbed vehicle operation down to the lowest common denominator as noted above - following the vehicle in front without care or regard for anything else taking place.

Going on 40 years of 2 wheeled riding for me and I readily admit to doing some questionable things but the biggest issue I see regularly is too much bike. Too much weight for the strength of the person riding it, or too much performance for the rider. With some of the things I've seen it makes you want to cut up their donor card to protect the rest of the species.
    Last edited by Camo tung; 02-26-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Rory McCanuck (02-19-2020)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    There is a difference between "mad skills" and naked stupidity.

As a bike guy I have certainly split lanes often enough but that kinds of thing requires understanding that cars move and some drivers are ignorant azzholes and random, bad shit happens. Screaming through traffic like that is not "mad skills", it is just stupidity.
    Many parts of the world lane splitting is legal, in parts of Europe you are doing 130-140k's and bikes will pass you between lanes like you are standing still. One thing is for sure you are 100% focused on what you are doing. When you get a group on sportbikes it gets pretty crazy, I know that both on the Busa and ZX14 the rev limiter bounces at 300k's, Attack life it's going to kill ya anyways.

Stupidity to some is a thrill to others!

Wingsuit jumping risks only your own life. Motorcycles share the roads with people who have no interest in your game of chicken. Go jump a canyon if you need a death defying experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast