Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    You can wait, or you can just go shoot.
    A registration certificate is not a transport document, it's a possession document. Your notice of transfer is a de facto registration certificate until your permanent one arrives.
    This is exactly what I have been told also by the Canadian Firearms Program when I have called them in the past. I wanted to play it safe, and requested an ATT for my pistol that I could take with me, and they told me I already have one. The registration number is the same on the confirmation as ton the Registration certificate.

All this said, it occurred to me that there are enough questions here at GOC and CGNs, and the unlicensed cops would be even less informed; I have always just waited that couple days to a couple weeks until it arrives; it's not like I have nothing else to shoot.

I just got a new GP100 private sale from AB to Ont. Transfer took 5 weeks; the gun was 6 1/2 days in transit, 9 Business days for the Cert. to arrive. I have not shot it yet as I have not had time to load ammo... I've had brass, powder, dies and primers for some time; bullets for a week and a half, shell plate for my press for a week: Tomorrows job. LOL.

Looks like I won't be going anywhere with my M&P till after new years. This was my first so I don't have anything else to shoot in the meantime.

While I wait. I still need to purchase some 9mm ammo. Since I am a member at Target Sports they dont allow steel ammo. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by metalninja View Post
    I still need to purchase some 9mm ammo. Since I am a member at Target Sports they dont allow steel ammo. Any recommendations?
    I would recommend a fresh posting for that question. This thread has been about licensing and restricted registration. Not trying to kill your buzz. Just don't want to see this discussion become very unfocused - everyone will have an opinion on their favorite 9mm ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by metalninja View Post
    Looks like I won't be going anywhere with my M&P till after new years. This was my first so I don't have anything else to shoot in the meantime.

While I wait. I still need to purchase some 9mm ammo. Since I am a member at Target Sports they dont allow steel ammo. Any recommendations?
    to start with CCI Brass 9mm 124gr, 1000rnd for between 220 and 250 plus tax …

at least 2 vendors (referenced often enough on this and another sites) in GTA North of Steeles and between Bayview and Woodbine
    at least one of them with fee shipping with order over 300 before taxes, another one slightly cheaper in-store but no free shipping ..

Quote Originally Posted by labradort View Post
    I would recommend a fresh posting for that question. This thread has been about licensing and restricted registration. Not trying to kill your buzz. Just don't want to see this discussion become very unfocused - everyone will have an opinion on their favorite 9mm ammo.
    Thanks. Will create a new post for it.

ATT is part of your RPAL not the registration paper, the paperwork you got from the retailer is enough

1) Show me someone who was charged for going to the range with only the notice of transfer and not the final reg cert, or not carrying that stupid card carrier paper.

2) Don't be the first guy.

If the paperwork "from the retailer" is sufficient, then why is the second registration mailed from Miramachi? Here's why: they need confirmation the address on file is current. I could claim to live anywhere and receive by email a transfer notice for the retail to home trip.

Also the first RPAL doesn't include the range trip conditions, so if it's the first restricted purchase (which attaches the purpose with a range membership in my case), the RPAL doesn't match this condition of how the firearm can be transported until the second RPAL card comes in the mail.

You can take the risk and it likely won't matter. The problem with this approach is the risk of things going wrong, and then you lose the right to possess. If you enjoy the firearms privilege, that's a big risk to take.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By labradort

Stew (12-31-2019)

I got my RPAL with updated restrictions. It now has ATT conditions attached. No registration certificate yet. Hopefully that arrives soon.

"...It's a completely useless additional step..." So is Ontario's, mandated, club level, "safety" course. No law says that is required either.
    Everything about the whole process is useless. It's designed to discourage new shooters and be as big a nuisance as possible.
    In any case, it all depends on were you are. The Chretien Gang gave the administration of the FA to the Provinces. So every Province is different.
    The registration certificate, what used to be called the Green Card, can take months to arrive. So if you haven't joined a club yet, go do that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast