Christmas Eats.....

Merry Christmas All,
    Now the rubber hits the road, getting dinner on..... Broke the cherry on my brine buckets go sick a tired of my 5gal HD tickets being repurposed, the lock down plates on these work very well for max utilization of room in the brine. Ham brined for 3 days, turkeys for 24hrs, now to season, get stuffing in the oven bird and prep the smoker and fryer.

Got my big azz fishing cooler out to let them rest in foil and towels in an attempt to get everything out in time......

E681078E-F67E-4E4C-B414-D016FE9E577D_1_201_a.jpgB71EC99D-A549-4B35-8291-7F62DB155C57_1_201_a.jpg

2. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Dewey Cox (12-25-2019)

We have bacon wrapped beef tenderloin and crab legs on the menu tonight.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By JustBen

2012Cvoguy (12-26-2019)

We almost had a candle light supper. Power went out at my daughters farm just as the bird came out of the oven. Large area had no power, my farm had power. Load everything in to trucks and head 4 miles to my house. Sounds like there was some big areas affected south of lake Diefenbaker to Swift Current. I'm full and warm. Crews were out fixing, Been there done that working on holidays, never fun.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By road kill

2012Cvoguy (12-26-2019)

I had big plans to make eggs benny for Christmas morning breakfast.
    I got everything prepared, and asked how many everyone wanted, and only then did they all inform me they dont like it (even though they've never had it...)
    I had delicious eggs benny, and everyone else had scrambled.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

2012Cvoguy (12-26-2019), JustBen (12-25-2019)

FIFY...

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I got everything prepared, and asked how many everyone wanted, and only then did they all inform me they dont like it (even though they've never had it...)
    I had delicious eggs benny, and everyone else had toast, served white.
    (Blues Brothers throwback reference)

10. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

2012Cvoguy (12-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    We have bacon wrapped beef tenderloin and crab legs on the menu tonight.
    Damn Fine!! I'd love to be able to break tradition but they won't let me.......

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    We almost had a candle light supper. Power went out at my daughters farm just as the bird came out of the oven. Large area had no power, my farm had power. Load everything in to trucks and head 4 miles to my house. Sounds like there was some big areas affected south of lake Diefenbaker to Swift Current. I'm full and warm. Crews were out fixing, Been there done that working on holidays, never fun.
    A salute to all that are behind the scenes during holidays, my days of that are so done. Glad you worked it all out......

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I had delicious eggs benny, and everyone else had scrambled.
    Who turns down eggs benny???????????? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    FIFY...

(Blues Brothers throwback reference)
    LOL, keep the references alive as the new breed needs to be edjmudicated.......

Don't judge me with the carving of meats, 17 hungry kinfolk makes for quite the scene at serving time. The kids even brought a rhubarb apple crumble with some proper vanilla ice cream..... I would have gotten run the hell over to attempt a serving pic.

EA81F170-D028-474A-B34A-095CDCD820B7_1_201_a.jpg4F9B548D-2002-4D5E-B0DB-039034A8444F_1_201_a.jpg7D057E4C-DD03-4E06-BB74-624C421DEC64_1_201_a.jpg

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

firemachine69 (12-27-2019), road kill (12-26-2019), tigrr (12-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    Damn Fine!! I'd love to be able to break tradition but they won't let me.......
    This year we had bbq steak and roasted potatoes for Christmas supper. Fast prep time and little clean up. From start of washing mini potatoes to cleaning and putting away final clean plates was about 1 hour 45 mins. It was glorious!!
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    Merry Christmas All,
    Now the rubber hits the road, getting dinner on..... Broke the cherry on my brine buckets go sick a tired of my 5gal HD tickets being repurposed, the lock down plates on these work very well for max utilization of room in the brine. Ham brined for 3 days, turkeys for 24hrs, now to season, get stuffing in the oven bird and prep the smoker and fryer.

Got my big azz fishing cooler out to let them rest in foil and towels in an attempt to get everything out in time......

How do you like that brine bucket??
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political right’s agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldn’t find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    How do you like that brine bucket??
    Very much so! The price is a little silly but the plates lock tings down nice and tight for best efficiency. To be honest, I would have never bothered but we are gone lots and the house sitter never notices when the kids drop in and with all their pleasant conversation, pilfer my clean food only 5 gal HD buckets for their mundane household chores..... This stands out and I will bust their sorry azzes.