Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just purchased a S&W M&P 9mm 2.4

After a bit of research, I am going to try Remington 9mm 124 gr and Blazer 9mm 115 gr - to compare performance.

How much difference in the performance of factory loads alum. versus brass cases is there - if any ?
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

I would not go with Remington. I reload and I have issues with their brass.

but definitely feel free to give their ammo a try. However you might want to do it a little differently.
    Like get Remington 115gr, 124gr, and 148 gr or get several different brands of the same weight.

You can compare them for accuracy, consistency, and reliability. Or just to see which one you like better.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

barkerlakebob (06-27-2020)

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

Hi there, FWIW I would suggest that you stay away from any steel cased ammo like Maxx. I have 3 Smith & Wesson M&P's and they did not perform well with this kind. (1 Pro Series C.O.R.E 5", 1 Pro Series C.O.R.E. 4.25", and 1 M&P 9 4.25"). After about 50 rounds or so they would fail to feed (FTF) and fail to eject (FTE). This cost me about a minute in an IDPA match. I have never had any issues with brass or aluminum cases.

Very informative...……...thank you !!

"...to compare performance..." That's exactly what you need to do. Every firearm prefers different ammo. So since you're not reloading yet, you need to try a box of as many brands and bullet weights as you can to find the ammo your pistol shoots best. Cycling is unlikely to be an issue, but that matters too.
    Steel case ammo is usually low end milsurp(not all milsurp is low end though. IVI, if you can find any, is low end ammo for accuracy, but the cases and its reliability are not.) and at least some if not all steel is berdan primed. As in not reloadable even if steel was reloadable. It's not. It can be hard on extractors as well.
    Al is not reloadable. Of course, there's brass cased Blazer as well as Al cased. No difference, if your pistol likes it.
    Factory ammo gets expensive in a hurry too.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Justice

barkerlakebob (08-15-2020)

If you search you can find 9mm for under .30 cents a round before tax, hard to beat for brass cased.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

Stew (07-30-2020)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12