Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just purchased a S&W M&P 9mm 2.4

After a bit of research, I am going to try Remington 9mm 124 gr and Blazer 9mm 115 gr - to compare performance.

How much difference in the performance of factory loads alum. versus brass cases is there - if any ?
    One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. History belongs to all of us - it is not ours to erase or modify, but for all of us to learn from !!

I would not go with Remington. I reload and I have issues with their brass.

but definitely feel free to give their ammo a try. However you might want to do it a little differently.
    Like get Remington 115gr, 124gr, and 148 gr or get several different brands of the same weight.

You can compare them for accuracy, consistency, and reliability. Or just to see which one you like better.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

barkerlakebob (06-27-2020)

Thanks, I appreciate the advice.
    One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. History belongs to all of us - it is not ours to erase or modify, but for all of us to learn from !!

Hi there, FWIW I would suggest that you stay away from any steel cased ammo like Maxx. I have 3 Smith & Wesson M&P's and they did not perform well with this kind. (1 Pro Series C.O.R.E 5", 1 Pro Series C.O.R.E. 4.25", and 1 M&P 9 4.25"). After about 50 rounds or so they would fail to feed (FTF) and fail to eject (FTE). This cost me about a minute in an IDPA match. I have never had any issues with brass or aluminum cases.

Very informative...……...thank you !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12