Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    All of my firearms and most of my knives are cordless.

That brings one of the greatest movie scenes of all time to mind....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By kennymo

chrisc (12-29-2019), CLW .45 (12-27-2019), RELOAD (12-28-2019), TFC Firearms (12-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Really, it seems to be figure out what the big/heavy duty must have items are for you and narrow it down from there. Some lines may not offer what you’re after, some will.
    This is pretty much the crux of it unless you want multiple battery/charging systems.

At home I run Dewalt while my work van is stocked with Milwaukee. I'm happy with both, it's some of the more 'specialty' tools where one might excell or have a feature the other doesn't. If you primarily want basic drill,impact,saw set up, buy a package deal on sale. DeWalt, Milwaukee,Makita( buddy happy with his stuff) will all serve you well.

Ridgid, got the 5ah battery kit with jigsaw for christmas, to go with the rest of my ridgid stuff.
    Work had their own tools cordless tools to loan us, Milwaukee, they obviously work fine too.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I'm using Ryobi stuff, just around the house and farm. Happy with it and lots of sales at HD on it.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I'm using Ryobi stuff, just around the house and farm. Happy with it and lots of sales at HD on it.
    Ryobi does seem to be the most diverse lineup. Especially for small things like inspection cable cameras, etc. Price points are always nice with them as well.

Kinda the opposite of Hilti...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Ryobi does seem to be the most diverse lineup. Especially for small things like inspection cable cameras, etc. Price points are always nice with them as well.

Kinda the opposite of Hilti...
    They carry a large assortment of Ryobi at Home Depot. If you head to a wholesaler (usually a nuts and bolts place that also deals in tools) there is a ton of Milwaukee/Makita/Dewalt stuff that you’ll never see at a big box store. The Makita catalogue alone is over an inch thick, with ten or a dozen tools to a page. Includes their gas and corded stuff too, but the cordless selection is huge.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

IJ22 (12-28-2019), SIR VEYOR (12-28-2019)

Skil set I got from airmiles years ago. Does the trick around the house

Dewalt 18v drill, works great around the house and any project I've done, had it 8 years both batteries seem fine

I don't have a lot of cordless tools as I bring a generator with me if I am building something substantial with no power nearby. I do have a cordless Dewalt 20v drill which is great and also a Dewalt Battery Powered Heated Camouflage Parka Jacket for those cold days on the deer stand.

I've been running milwaukee for 10 years ish, I just picked up the new Surge hydraulic 1/4 impact driver.....droool it's a beauty of an impact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast