Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mastercraft 20V Li-Ion kit, I own almost every tool, some good, some bad, though few are truly terrible (I'm looking at YOU, multicrafter!) One dead drill, another on the way out. Overall, I was very pleased with the work I got out of those homeowner grade tools, but now as they and the juice boxes/chargers start biting the dust, I'm eyeing up the Milwaukee HD stuff.
    And yet, after nearly 10 years of government by Stephen Harper and his anti-choice army, you can still get an abortion in Canada. At this point, the political rightís agenda is so well hidden Sherlock Holmes couldnít find it with a Huawei P30 powered by a trillion Watsons.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By firemachine69

Camo tung (12-29-2019), chrisc (12-29-2019)

Running both 18v and 20v here, older stuff is pretty weak, mixing a concrete bucket with the cheapo brushed drill makes it kinda smoke. Other than that, they've been beaten, left outside for random amount of time... Only problem I ever really had was with an insane amount of grinding dust making its way to the permanent magnet in a brushed grinder, now runs fine after cleaning it thoroughly. Have an old 18V makita drill, the batteries have been dead for a couple of years now, probably got it in the early 2010's, so I'll pass makita. I've not been terribly impressed by their corded grinder either, the cord keep failing...

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    I only use cordless tools as a last resort. Like when I'm over 33 metres from an electrical outlet.
    Yep! X2 I'm sick of batteries that won't hold a charge and can't be replaced due to their age. I have two drill kits in excellent condition and can't get replacement batteries. I'll use a generator if I need to work where there isn't access to electricity and use corded tools.
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on cheap whisky and wild women. The rest,I just wasted.--Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand F/V Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by spider69 View Post
    Yep! X2 I'm sick of batteries that won't hold a charge and can't be replaced due to their age. I have two drill kits in excellent condition and can't get replacement batteries. I'll use a generator if I need to work where there isn't access to electricity and use corded tools.
    Do you still have the old batteries? There is a place( sure there is more) out here that will replace the dead batteries in the battery case. If your handy see below link.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Cor...g-the-battery/

One thing I liked about DeWalt is that they made an adapter allowing you to use the new 20V batteries in the older 18V tools.

I worked with an older journeyman who dislikes cordless tools, two things I noticed is that he things that cordless technology hasn't evolved in 25 years when he first tried them. Also the cordless drill he has only has 2Amp/Hr batteries.

Are cordless then only solution? absolutely not, I have extension cords and a genny but my first go to is cordless,I can't even remember the last time I used my corded circular saw or hammer drill.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By ESnel

lone-wolf (12-30-2019)

You should upgrade to tools made in the 2000's.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By coastal

firemachine69 (01-01-2020), lone-wolf (12-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    Do you still have the old batteries? There is a place( sure there is more) out here that will replace the dead batteries in the battery case. If your handy see below link.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Cor...g-the-battery/

One thing I liked about DeWalt is that they made an adapter allowing you to use the new 20V batteries in the older 18V tools.

I worked with an older journeyman who dislikes cordless tools, two things I noticed is that he things that cordless technology hasn't evolved in 25 years when he first tried them. Also the cordless drill he has only has 2Amp/Hr batteries.

Are cordless then only solution? absolutely not, I have extension cords and a genny but my first go to is cordless,I can't even remember the last time I used my corded circular saw or hammer drill.
    There's a B&D adapter? I'll check that out. My drill batteries are done.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    You should upgrade to tools made in the 2000's.
    My B&D drill kit isn't that old,less than 6 years,but,it's had a lot of use and charge/discharge cycles. You guys are a riot,aren't you? LOL
    When I was younger,I blew half a fortune on cheap whisky and wild women. The rest,I just wasted.--Capt.Jonathan Hillstrand F/V Time Bandit

10. The Following User Liked This Post By spider69

coastal (01-03-2020)

There's a B&D adapter? I'll check that out. My drill batteries are done.

I believe this was a Sears unit, the steps will be similar to most battery packs.There is probably a specific one for your battery pack but this instructable steps/concept will work.

1st Milwaukie
    2nd Makita
    3rd Think framing nailer, Bostich.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

My B&D drill kit
    These do not hold up as well as a commercial grade tool. The wife had a few B&D tools she used for her art projects, let the batteries sit for too long and they seem to be toast.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

14. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

firemachine69 (01-01-2020), lone-wolf (01-01-2020)

I am still running a Dewalt XRP drill and impact driver - in 14.4V no less. I get replacement batteries every 2-3 years from Amazon or eBay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast