Thread: 1967 Gun Digest

1967 Gun Digest

It may not seem like it, but this is definitely a milsurp-related question: Does anyone have a 1967 Gun Digest (a.k.a. 21st Edition) that they would be willing to sell? Failing that, does anyone have one that they would be willing to scan a few pages for me? Please PM if you can help.

I just took a box full of gun magazines from the 60s out to our range, I have no idea if what you are looking for is in there, daughter's boyfriend found them at the dump and brought them to me. I'm going back out on the 1st i can have a look, what exactly are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    I just took a box full of gun magazines from the 60s out to our range, I have no idea if what you are looking for is in there, daughter's boyfriend found them at the dump and brought them to me. I'm going back out on the 1st i can have a look, what exactly are you looking for?
    The 1967 issue of Gun Digest, or the Ross rifle article therein, if you have it, thanks.

you can buy a digital version from Gun Digest

https://www.gundigeststore.com/produ...n-pdf-digital/

You looking for the "21st Edition De Luxe Edition"? It's readily available on Amazon.com. Hardcover is $27.99US. Used Softcover starts at $6.17US. Or $34.99US (I think) sent to Canada.
    Try your local public library first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    you can buy a digital version from Gun Digest

https://www.gundigeststore.com/produ...n-pdf-digital/
    Tried that.

1. They fished for unnecessary personal information.

2. In spite of accepting Canada as a destination, their format would only take five digits of postal code, a la zipcode.

3. They will not accept Visa gift cards as payment.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By vykkagur

Stew (12-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    You looking for the "21st Edition De Luxe Edition"? It's readily available on Amazon.com. Hardcover is $27.99US. Used Softcover starts at $6.17US. Or $34.99US (I think) sent to Canada.
    Try your local public library first.
    Tried that. Looks really good on paper, but when you go to checkout, the shipping on the used, "some wear and tear" $8 book was over $39. The cheapest shipping from other vendors was almost $30. I bought another issue of Gun Digest from Goodwill/Thriftbooks in the States. They shipped to Canada for UNDER $9, so it CAN be done, if you're not a mercenary, rip-off profiteer. The book arrived this morning in pristine, probably unread, condition. The selling price: $1.99. I would happily pay the $12-$15 asked for a used GD, if the shipping price was fair.

Thanks to the generosity of another forum member, I now have an excellent PDF of the item I was seeking, which has provided me some wonderful holiday reading. I would still like to obtain a hard copy to add to my collection, so if there's anyone in Canada who has a copy of the 1967 Gun Digest (a.k.a. the 21st Edition) that they'd like to sell, please PM me.

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By vykkagur

lone-wolf (12-31-2019), Swingerguy (12-30-2019)