Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Everyone knows it won’t work!

Why is this Liberal government pushing forward with an expensive ban of legally owned firearms, when everyone in the country knows that it won’t do anything to solve the gun, gang and drug problems in the cities?

As a paper released by Public Safety Canada in April titled A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons noted: “The vast majority of owners of handguns and of other firearms in Canada lawfully abide by requirements and most guns crimes are not committed with legally-owned firearms … Any ban of handguns … would primarily affect legal firearms owners …”

All stats show that legally owned firearms are not the problem and criminals are already banned from possessing firearms.

The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, pointing out in August that since the vast majority of handguns used in gun violence are already illegal, it makes no sense to make something that is already illegal, illegal twice.

Mayor John Tory of Toronto, said in 2014 that banning handguns was an “empty gesture” because “handguns are already strictly regulated by the federal government … criminals and gang members don’t obey the law.”

The police chief of Toronto, Mark Saunders, said that banning legally owned firearms would do nothing to stop the illegal use of firearms.

The commissioner of the RCMP, Brenda Lucki, said 'not sure' handgun ban is the answer to gun violence.

Every single member of the Recreational Shooting Culture knows that taking their legally owned firearms from them will NOT stop the criminals from having illegal firearms.

So, what would be effective in addressing the problem?

1. Enforcing the laws we already have on the use of illegal guns in the commission of a crime, including the sentencing provisions those laws already contain.

2. Denying bail to criminals previously convicted of illegally using guns when they are up on new charges and providing the needed resources to police to keep track of those who are released on bail.

3. Getting serious about stopping the flow of illegal guns from the US into Canada.

4. Earmarking public funding for anti-gang initiatives in cities where the problem exists, including enhanced law enforcement and programs to address the root causes of gang-related crime, such as drug addiction and poverty.

In other words, do what will work, instead of wasting time and tax money on imposing gun bans that won’t work.
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-01-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

2. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

LB303 (01-09-2020)

To the (e)ffin' stupid @$$ed prime moron

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

3MTA3 (01-01-2020)

Again ...

The disarmament agenda is core Liberal obsessive dogma born of that wise old commie PET 50 years ago and has nothing whatsoever to do with public safety.
    It's about control period.

I'm sure PET had this conversation with his political mentor Fidel Castro many times about the three strategies required to control (enslave) the civilian population.
    1) make the people dependent on the government, 2) control and use the media to brainwash the population, 3) disarm the people so that in the event they do get angry enough to revolt they will have less ability to fight to get their freedom back.

Does any of the above sound familiar?
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Again ...

The disarmament agenda is core Liberal obsessive dogma born of that wise old commie PET 50 years ago and has nothing whatsoever to do with public safety.
    It's about control period.

I'm sure PET had this conversation with his political mentor Fidel Castro many times about the three strategies required to control (enslave) the civilian population.
    1) make the people dependent on the government, 2) control and use the media to brainwash the population, 3) disarm the people so that in the event they do get angry enough to revolt they will have less ability to fight to get their freedom back.

Does any of the above sound familiar?
    Sounds very familiar to me.

I have a couple to send and I know they don't mean much without a signature, so is everyone signing them off or using an alias of some kind? I have zero trust in the Trudeau/Blair third world behavior and do not want my name in the hat or on a list. Anyone else have concerns?

TomC

I’m signing my name, even though I don’t trust them.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    I’m signing my name.
    I sign my name to petitions and letters to parliament, along with my address.

I remember a few years ago where just about everyone who sent a letter to their MP based on some CGN letter writing campaign, got a canned reply that said "We have forwarded your concerns to the RCMP." To my knowledge the RCMP never did anything with those, nor sent anyone a reply.

snail mail letters are much better than email. But I would not write to the Fairy Princess leading this country. "Its" mind is made up and cast in virtue signalling pig iron.
    I would write (and have) to individual senators, the MP of my riding, and the leaders of the opposition parties, including the separatist Bloc.

I send them to the pm as well, my wish is that he gets buried in letters when he opens his office door, like an a avalanche, and we never hear from him again.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

2 more,

I am writing this letter in opposition to the coming gun ban proposed by the LPC. This government ran their election campaign claiming that facts and evidence based policies are what they would act upon. There is no evidence that the public will be any safer if legal gun owners are denied the right to keep their lawfully purchased and possessed firearms. In fact there is much evidence that point to the opposite being true, private firearm ownership is a deterrent to criminals committing home invasions.
    Legal gun owners are vetted daily by the RCMP’s CPIC program and as such are proven daily to be honest and trustworthy members of Canadian society. The criminals that unlawfully possess illegal firearms will not give them up as the result of yet another law and so legal firearm owners are unfairly and unjustly punished by the passing of any further firearm bans.

Signed: me

The use of an Order in Council to pass further restrictions on firearms in Canada is not a democratic process and is sure to further alienate the west from central and eastern Canada. The continued existence of Canada as a whole should be the very first and most important job of your government, as such it is imperative to cancel any plans to enact a ban on legally owned firearms. This should include the cancellation of plans to ban or buy back any semi-auto long guns country wide, and any municipal hand gun bans in any cities across our country.
    The risk of pushing the west out of our country is too great for the perceived benefits of stealing the lawfully purchased and possessed firearms from legal gun owners. The criminals that are causing the shootings in Canada’s cities will not give up the firearms they unlawfully possess with the passing of yet another firearm law.

Signed: me

Any constructive criticism is welcomed.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Swingerguy

3MTA3 (01-08-2020)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast