Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Dear Prime Minister,

I am writing to you today to express my disgust and disappointment in the actions your government is taking yet again to harass Canadian citizens, this time through a proposed firearms buy back program. Even more egregious, is your government's intention to use an Order in Council (OIC) to implement it.

Not only is the proposal a monumental waste of precious taxpayer dollars (just like the gun registry proved to be), but the anticipated proposal to proceed by way of OIC, it is also an unjustifiable abuse of our democratic system. You are likely going to say the majority of Canadians gave you this mandate, however you know full well you are relying on the fear, unfamiliarity, and ignorance of Canadians not directly affected by your policy, and continuously stoking fear by your spreading of misinformation.

Your Cabinet Minister, The Honourable Bill Blair, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, recently stated Canadian firearms owners preferred compensation over grandfathering. No, Mr. Trudeau - we would much prefer to finally be left in the peace we deserve and should be able to enjoy. This would also allow your government to spend rationed parliamentary time and taxpayer dollars to actually tackle and solve criminal issues rather than just pretending to. If you and the Liberal Party are ever able to get past your blind hatred of the Canadian firearms owner, you may even be surprised how many of us would be prepared to work with you to achieve these goals, once the relentless and needless attacks cease.

You already have the numbers, statistics, and facts, all of which have been laid before you many, many times before, so I certainly do not need to waste my breath or your time by laying them out again herein. Several Canadian Police Chiefs and Police Officers (many from Canada’s largest cities), organizations that don't have either an emotional, financial, or otherwise uninformed or biased interest in furthering gun control initiatives, and firearms owners and citizens just like me, have already told you and proven to you the ineffectiveness of Canadian gun control measures. This includes bans such as in the past ("Saturday Night Specials", or short-barreled pistols, which criminals are clearly
    able to source from outside Canada as evidenced by nearly every press release photo) and the presently proposed and undefined "military-style assault rifle" ban.

It is time to put this dark and divisive chapter of Canadian history behind us. It is time to decriminalize the lawful use, transport, and possession of firearms by the good citizens of Canada. Then we could all finally work together (rather than continue to divide Canadians and Canada), and focus resources and attention to where they are actually needed, such as communities, justice, corrections, education, and health care.

Sincerely,

GeoTrekr

cc: The Honourable Stephanie Kusie, P.C., M.P.
    Last edited by GeoTrekr; 01-07-2020 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Weird formatting issues

2. The Following User Liked This Post By GeoTrekr

3MTA3 (01-08-2020)

Send each one to the politicians below:

Justin Trudeau
    Bill Blair
    David Lametti
    Your own MP

The address is easy to find on the internet and is included here. The address is the same for them all:

[Name of Member of Parliament]

House of Commons

Ottawa, Ontario

Canada K1A 0A6

There is no postage required. No envelope required unless you want to use one. You can fold the page of your letter in 3 – contents inside and tape it shut – put the address on it – no need for a return address and send it

There is no deadline on these letters. The date of 27 Jan was given because that is when the politicians return and we’d like to have a bunch of letters waiting for them. But keep sending them – one a week – its easy. 10 a day is better

Form letter1

Why is this Liberal government pushing forward with an expensive ban of legally owned firearms, when everyone in the country knows that it won’t do anything to solve the gun, gang and drug problems in the cities?

• As a paper released by Public Safety Canada in April titled A Dialogue on Handguns and Assault Weapons noted: “The vast majority of owners of handguns and of other firearms in Canada lawfully abide by requirements and most guns crimes are not committed with legally-owned firearms … Any ban of handguns … would primarily affect legal firearms owners …”
    • All stats show that legally owned firearms are not the problem and criminals are already banned from possessing firearms.
    • We believe that most police officers feel that banning legally owned firearms will NOT make their job safer.
    • Calgary Police Chief Mark Neufeld said that the federal government’s actions don’t match with what his city is dealing with. “I guess the issue that will have to be reconciled is that with the shootings we’re having in Calgary, they’re not being perpetrated by lawful, law-abiding handgun owners,”
    • The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, pointing out in August that since the vast majority of handguns used in gun violence are already illegal, it makes no sense to make something that is already illegal, illegal twice.
    • Mayor John Tory of Toronto, said in 2014 that banning handguns was an “empty gesture” because “handguns are already strictly regulated by the federal government … criminals and gang members don’t obey the law.”
    • The police chief of Toronto, Mark Saunders, said that banning legally owned firearms would do nothing to stop the illegal use of firearms.
    • The commissioner of the RCMP, Brenda Lucki, said 'not sure' handgun ban is the answer to gun violence.
    • Every single member of the Recreational Shooting Culture knows that taking their legally owned firearms from them will NOT stop the criminals from having illegal firearms.

So, what would be effective in addressing the problem?

1. Enforcing the laws we already have on the use of illegal guns in the commission of a crime, including the sentencing provisions those laws already contain.

2. Denying bail to criminals previously convicted of illegally using guns when they are up on new charges and providing the needed resources to police to keep track of those who are released on bail.

3. Getting serious about stopping the flow of illegal guns from the US into Canada.

4. Earmarking public funding for anti-gang initiatives in cities where the problem exists, including enhanced law enforcement and programs to address the root causes of gang-related crime, such as drug addiction and poverty.

In other words, do what will work, instead of wasting time and tax money on imposing gun bans that won’t work.

Name: ____________________________________________ Postal Code: ______________________

Signature: _________________________________________ Date: ______________________
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Dear PM Fancy Pants,

I must compliment you on the sheer brilliance of your simple plan to eliminate or at least dramatically reduce gun violence in Canada. Illegal handguns are wreaking havoc in many urban centres across Canada. By banning and confiscating AR-15's from the most vetted, least offending segment of our population, you are sending a clear message to the gangs and other criminals, that we do not tolerate miss-behavior in Canada, where we will even punish the innocent before the guilty! Similarily, we know we can rely on law abiding PAL holders to set a good example, by turning over their personal property eagerly to save lives at their leader's whim. The oppressed citizens committing these crimes, will no doubt receive great inspiration to turn their lives around, and turn those deadly death machines over to the police before these weapons make their possessors commit any heinous acts! Allowing PAL holders to keep some handguns for a few more years, will more than make up for the inconvenience of losing a few thousand's worth of personal property and leisure enjoyment, of course self defense is not an issue as , gun owners are more likely to hurt themselves than an armed intruder. That is the beauty of disarming the public before the criminal element; armed intruders entering the home of a unarmed person now, will have the tables turned, as they will be the ones more likely to shoot themselves with their own gun! Truly you deserve a Nobel prize for such leadership of our nation!

Sincerely
    Eatme.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

5. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

manic29 (01-23-2020)

I'm going to send some. I ordered ink and it should be here today.

I'm very tempted to tell old blackface that he ended democracy as soon as he bribed the press.

I'm sure I can dig up something on his alleged father in that regard as well.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

Billythreefeathers (01-09-2020)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    Send all of them. Ol' blackface will like that.

Can the idiot read?
    what's the point??? in sending a paper,, envelope,,,
    CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    I'm wondering. But i'll probably send some. Hard to give up at this point.

The liberals, basking in the glow of their imaginary moral superiority, cannot hear and will not hear. Looking in the mirror, is not their thing. (Turd being the notable exception, but only to admire himself). Pointing is their thing. Poking holes in the air is another skill where they excel.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    When someone has a better idea I will go with that- I am just a peasent, what else can I do while the Laurentian elite steamroller me down?

Dear Shitehed;

Your government wants to ban rifles that are widely owned and are not a problem when it comes to crime.

So the true cost of this pointless endeavor will be what? At least $1 billion or more for the Liberals to buy back firearms that aren’t used in crime so that they can tell people worried about crime that they are doing something?

Is that a good investment of my money? I get the arguments that we need to do what we can to reduce so-called “gun” crime but let me ask, “How does making new laws that target law-abiding gun owners keep any of us safer?”

We all want out streets, our neighbourhoods to be safer. We all want to know that our kids can walk around the block without getting shot.

But if the shootings happening in Canada are being carried out by gangsters with handguns, how does banning certain rifles help in any way what so ever?

Will people who are currently in violation of more than half a dozen laws as they fire bullets at will suddenly stop shooting because there is a new ban ?

The answer is an obvious no.

To deal with crime, we need to deal with criminals and that is not something that your new proposal comes close to dealing with.

YCFRO

3MTA3

Thanks Brian Lilley
    FTrudeau

Ok so, good intentions and all that...

Are we all assuming that he can actually read? I thought that was the reason why he needed an earpiece, so someone could say the words to him.

Dear Prime Minister;

I read an article on the CBC news website about a recent occurrence in Winnipeg-

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fatal-shooting-windsor-hotel-1.5424145-"

1 man dead, 2 injured after shooting at downtown hotel, police say | CBC News
    A man is dead following a shooting at the Windsor Hotel early Sunday morning, Winnipeg police say. Officers were called to the scene on Garry Street at 2:53 a.m., a Winnipeg Police Service officer ...
    www.cbc.ca

"On Nov. 2, officers at the hotel on a routine call arrested a 46-year-old man in breach of a court order.

Police said the man had a bag containing $9,000 worth of cocaine, $1,500 worth of crack cocaine, $8,800 worth of an opioid called OxyNeo, a loaded 9-mm handgun and ammunition, a sawed off .22-calibre rifle, shotgun shells, five cellphones and $7,600 in cash. The man was charged with a range of weapons, trafficking and theft offences.

Two days later, police seized methamphetamine, a .22-calibre rifle, cash, a loaded pellet gun, drug packaging materials, additional ammunition and drug-trafficking score sheets. The bust led to numerous charges against a 55-year-old man.

On Nov. 6, police were back at the hotel after a report of shots fired. Police said during a dispute in the bar, a 31-year-old man hit a 35-year-old woman with the butt-end of a shotgun, then pointed the weapon at her.

The woman swatted it away, causing it to fire into the door of a suite, police said

Do you think these people are typical Canadian PAL holders? You must, otherwise you might focus on the criminal drug trade, substance abuse issues and alcohol instead of peaceful legal Canadian firearm owners. I doubt these fine individuals would qualify for a firearms license, but no doubt are held in higher regard than sport shooters by the Liberals. Additionally I suspect they are bottomless sinkholes of taxpayer sourced government handouts by "Progressive" Liberal elites.

You need to focus on the criminals, and their vices, not legal gun owners. Your legislative efforts with respect to firearms are ineffective, illogical and insincere and serve only to pander to your base, shame on you.

Sincerely

Billy Jack
    FTrudeau

13. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

Swingerguy (01-14-2020)

I am trying real hard to write a letter. but all i have come up with so far is. Mr Prime Minister. PISS OFF.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RELOAD

Scotsman (01-14-2020), Swingerguy (01-16-2020)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast