Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RELOAD View Post
    I am trying real hard to write a letter. but all i have come up with so far is. Mr Prime Minister. PISS OFF.
    Sign that and Send it to;

R.H. Justin Trudeau
    House of Commons
    Ottawa ON
    K1A 0A6
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

manic29 (01-23-2020), Swingerguy (01-16-2020)

[Today's amusing thought]

Asch conformity experiment
    -- https://www.simplypsychology.org/asch-conformity.html

This is why we write letters, in the hope that politicians will go along with the group (letter writers) for fear of being ridiculed or thought "peculiar".

Dear Sir-

Since your government has repeatedly asserted its’ belief in evidenced based policy and decision making, perhaps you could share with Canadian Taxpayers your projections of crime and homicide reduction resulting from your theft of private property from law abiding Canadian Gun Owners? Despite your virtue signaling, I suspect you realize that your actions will have no effect on crime, but rather are purely political machinations.

Shame on you,
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

GeoTrekr (01-23-2020), manic29 (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Dear PM Fancy Pants,

I must compliment you on the sheer brilliance of your simple plan to eliminate or at least dramatically reduce gun violence in Canada. Illegal handguns are wreaking havoc in many urban centres across Canada. By banning and confiscating AR-15's from the most vetted, least offending segment of our population, you are sending a clear message to the gangs and other criminals, that we do not tolerate miss-behavior in Canada, where we will even punish the innocent before the guilty! Similarily, we know we can rely on law abiding PAL holders to set a good example, by turning over their personal property eagerly to save lives at their leader's whim. The oppressed citizens committing these crimes, will no doubt receive great inspiration to turn their lives around, and turn those deadly death machines over to the police before these weapons make their possessors commit any heinous acts! Allowing PAL holders to keep some handguns for a few more years, will more than make up for the inconvenience of losing a few thousand's worth of personal property and leisure enjoyment, of course self defense is not an issue as , gun owners are more likely to hurt themselves than an armed intruder. That is the beauty of disarming the public before the criminal element; armed intruders entering the home of a unarmed person now, will have the tables turned, as they will be the ones more likely to shoot themselves with their own gun! Truly you deserve a Nobel prize for such leadership of our nation!

Sincerely
    Eatme.
    that is gold. You should definitely send that to him and cc the newspapers.

PS. yes I did send a letter to PMJT, MoBSOCR, and my MP.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By manic29

3MTA3 (01-28-2020)

A nurse I know wrote this-

I have proudly worked as a registered nurse for more than 25 years. Over this time, many changes have occurred- many not for the better. In the past few years, a good deal of my time is spent dealing with the scourge of substance abuse. Alcohol is by far the most prevalent, with Meth and Opioids becoming more and more common. Marijuana is a common denominator for most of the people abusing substances, and it is certainly a stepping stone on the path to Crystal Meth and Opioid addiction. Substance abuse has so many tragic ends, whether through direct physical effects, the associated violence or the problems caused through complications of pregnancy such Fetal Alcohol Syndrome(FAS). Your decision to commercialize pot, has not helped the situation, and has in fact made it more difficult for me to express public health concerns to youth as they see drug abuse as being normalized. Drug abuse is by far one of the common problems I deal with on a daily basis- perhaps the most common! Firearms on the other hand, are responsible for only 2 cases of treatment that I recall.

While I find little agreement in any policies your government has proposed, and in fact believe your administration has been responsible for one of the most destructive periods in Canadian history. I am prompted to write you concerning one of the most abhorrent and ridiculous affronts to our Liberty that any government has ever proposed: The confiscation of legally held rifles, to combat a violent gang crime situation perpetrated with illegal handguns! The ridiculousness of this proposal cannot be overstated. An analogy from my profession would be to provide nicotine replacement therapy to non smokers.-Absolutely ridiculous, and I am sure you realize it.

How much taxpayer money will be wasted on this buyback, or rather theft of private property? Money that could be used to directly deal with the drug crisis we are experiencing, or to invest in MRI machines or training for health care professionals? With respect to the 2 firearm injuries I mentioned earlier, one was an injury caused by a hunter, who accidently discharged a gun and injured himself, and the other was a person who was shot while he was attacking a Police officer with a hand held weapon! I might add that it is so fortunate that Police are allowed to defend themselves with handguns, why it is that, we are not afforded the same opportunity is criminalin the extreme, I mention this as a woman who is vulnerable to physical attacks and would so much appreciate the security that a firearm affords.

Why on earth would you attack average law abiding Canadians, yet coddle criminals?

FTrudeau

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

LB303 (02-08-2020), Waterloomike (02-04-2020)

So when I dropped a mittfull of letters, addressed to the Ottawa crayon crew, he post lady told me they had to be in envelopes-but took them anyway , I had been just trifolding and taping them shut, as was suggested to me , which seemed like a good idea.
    I checked Canada Post's Website and it does indeed stipulate that letter mail had to be sealed on all sides. Now I wonder if they just tossed the other letters I sent.
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    So when I dropped a mittfull of letters, addressed to the Ottawa crayon crew, he post lady told me they had to be in envelopes-but took them anyway , I had been just trifolding and taping them shut, as was suggested to me , which seemed like a good idea.
    I checked Canada Post's Website and it does indeed stipulate that letter mail had to be sealed on all sides. Now I wonder if they just tossed the other letters I sent.
    Hopefully not. Didn't one of the orgs run some sort of print-fold-send mailing campaign during C-71?

I worry more about mail making it through their automated sorting equipment than about it getting tossed up front.

I really liked this:

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Extortion is the unethical use of one's official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage.

What do you call it when you send lots of armed men, to 'buy' property at less than it's worth, when the owner doesn't want to sell?
    So I used it (I hope you don't mind RangeBob!), and sent to Blair & the Turd:

Dear Minister Blair,

Extortion is the unethical use of one's official position or powers to obtain property, funds, or patronage.

What do you call it when you send state-sanctioned armed men, to 'buy' property at less than it's worth, when the owner doesn't want to sell?

The Liberal's proposed firearms expropriation is extortion, and is therefore anything but 'respectful' to Canadians. You cannot respectfully extort someone, just as you cannot respectfully assault someone.

Sincerely,

GeoTrekr

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GeoTrekr

3MTA3 (01-28-2020), manic29 (02-06-2020)

Dear Prime Minister,

On February 1, 2020, you publicly declared:

"There is no place in our country for discrimination driven by fear or misinformation...
    ...This is not something Canadians will ever stand for."

Of course I, and I presume the majority of Canadians, would wholeheartedly agree with this.

The problem, however, is that as you spoke those words, you, your Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, and the Liberal Party as a whole, through your words and actions, continue to busy yourselves spreading fear and misinformation about, and continuously discriminating against, Canadian firearms owners.

Despite the hypocrisy of your statement, Mr. Trudeau, the latter part still rings true - Virtuous Canadians will not stand for it.

Sincerely,

GeoTrekr

15. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By GeoTrekr

3MTA3 (02-02-2020), gr8wheelss (02-02-2020), manic29 (02-06-2020)

Dear Minister Blair;

I am writing to you once again to express my deep concern with actions your government is taking to unfairly target lawful gun owners. Encroaching the basic civil liberties and human rights of Citizens is becoming a daily theme for the Liberal government. Today I learned of the Government’s wish to license public expression. Of course this is not surprising given your admiration of China’s basic dictatorship. Your plans to strip legal firearms from the least offending segment of the population dovetails nicely with regulating freedom of expression. One would wonder what other surprises your administration has to inflict upon us. Limiting freedom of expression is as draconian as your intention to steal private property.
    FTrudeau

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast