Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Anybody sending Snail Mail to the PM?

Is anybody else trying to participate in the CCFR's letter campaign?
    Maybe we could share some templates?

Dear Mr Trudeau;

I am writing to you today to express my deep concern with the ongoing politicization of gun rights by your government, in the false sense of Public Safety. You either lack the understanding of the violence issue at hand , or are so Machiavellian in nature, that actual public safety and security concerns you less, than advancing your own personal situation. The right of citizens to keep and bear arms is a right passed down to us from our forebears, and was enumerated in the Magna Carta as well as English Common Law. Your authoritarian edicts only serve to further erode confidence in our once great nation. Shame on you.

Yours Truly,
    3AT_ME

Dear Mr Trudeau;

I am writing to you today to express my deep concern with your intention to steal my lawfully acquired and possessed property. How dare you confiscate my firearms, when I am a member of one of the least offending and most vetted segments of Canadian Society. Taking my firearms will do little to prevent those illegally possessing them from doing harm-.Taking my firearms does little more than to remove my ability to protect myself from those intent on doing harm to myself and my family. . Shame on you.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    — Cesare Beccaria,

Yours Truly,
    3AT_ME

Dear Mr Trudeau;

I am a hard working Canadian that believes firearms are not only part of our heritage, but a fundamental right. I can say with confidence that there are hundreds of thousands of fellow Canadians that fall into the same category of beliefs.

This is being written as to pertain to the Gun confiscation planned by the current government. Firearms owners and citizens feel that there are enough restrictions put on the shoulders of the average sport shooter and hunter to uphold already. Further restrictions, prohibitions and confiscations in no way improve public safety, but rather decrease the individual’s right to personal security.

Please aim to tackle the real public safety concerns and allow us to continue our hobbies and lifestyles as we see fit without confiscating our lawful property. Canadians have lived successfully on this land for many years without the necessity of government intervention, and we choose to remain in that state.

Yours Truly,
    FU
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 12-31-2019 at 04:49 PM.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Stole this from the letters section- I 'll send that.

I write to you today on the history of Bill C-68.
    The 1995 Firearms Act (Bill C-68) was passed by the Liberal government during a period of declining gun violence. Less than five per cent of all violent crimes in Canada involve a firearm, and despite decades of tough laws regulating the civilian ownership of handguns, nearly three-quarters of all gun-related violent crimes involve handguns, most of them unregistered.

While previous administrations in the period following WWII had consistently rejected long gun registration as unworkable, impractical and expensive, the Liberals needed to live up to their pre-election commitments to once again "toughen" Canada's gun laws. The anti-subversive aspect of Bill C-68 was promoted by justice minister Allan Rock who claimed that gun registration will help the government ". . . track paramilitary groups," and find out who is ". . . stockpiling firearms." It is probably not coincidental that the House of Commons rushed through Bill C-68 as Quebecers were debating whether they should vote to remain part of Canada, just before the Oct. 30, 1995 referendum.

Like every other piece of Canadian "gun control" legislation, the real motivation for Bill C-68 seemed to be strategic political concerns, not anxieties over crime or violence. It is but another chapter in the "culture conflict." Firearms are symbolic of groups of people and cultures that are disliked, largely for reasons not directly related to gun ownership.

The 1995 Firearms Act, like every other piece of restrictive "gun control" legislation introduced since Confederation, has certainly failed to stop armed crime or eliminate illegally owned weapons. But that is not really the point. The point is that successive Canadian governments, purportedly fearful of mayhem and social upheaval, gradually deprived the Canadian public of a right to be armed that had been a part of a common law heritage recognized in Britain's Bill of Rights of 1689. It states that "the Subjects which are Protestants may have arms for their defence suitable to their condition and as allowed by law."
    I submit that the firearms laws that we are burdened with today are unnecessarily onerous, and appear to serve no purpose other than to deny freedoms to lawful citizens of this country. I call for an end to the wasteful, convoluted Firearms Act, and a return to laws that can be enforced against criminals, not objects.
    I ask for the repeal of Bill C-68. , and a stoppage to the planned confiscations of 2020.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

I've sent a handful. Helped some friends and family send some out, too.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Send all of them. Ol' blackface will like that.

Can the idiot read?

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

Billythreefeathers (01-09-2020), manic29 (01-23-2020)

I dropped a bunch at a Shopper's Drug Mart Post office- just before I did i asked the post girl if she knew, if I needed postage-
    I was surprised when she had to phone someone- I showed her the parliament website, and the Canada post website stating that no postage was required, but she would not accept that. I was more surprised when her phone contact told her the policy changed, I persuaded her to dig deeper, and she mentioned to her contact, the website I had shown her. She hung up an said she had to wait for confirmation. Wow I am thinking, what happened to the other envelopes I dropped off? I asked her what she would do if I had not asked and her answer was a little confused, but basically "return to sender". She finally got the OK and told me she would bundle them together and attach a note- ???
    FTrudeau

Some people write "No Stamp Required" in the stamp area of the envelope. I don't know if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    I've sent a handful. Helped some friends and family send some out, too.
    Done similar, I am on number six,with five sent, but while writing these the pessimist in me got me thinking that this may do more harm than good, why? Well, if only a small percentage of gun owners make the effort to write, the prince of ego will realize/assume there 's little opposition and nothing to worry about, so, he'll go "full ban retard". I am going to stop thinking now and continue writing!
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!
    Rewarding 4 years of incompetence and corruption with 4 more years, says a lot about our electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Some people write "No Stamp Required" in the stamp area of the envelope. I don't know if that helps.
    I've used "OHMS" in the past. On Her Majesty's service.

TTFSAPM doesn't work.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    TTFSAPM doesn't work.
    “The Turd F’n Sucks As Prime Minister” ?
    FTrudeau

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

LB303 (01-09-2020), manic29 (01-23-2020), Swingerguy (01-01-2020)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast