Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Records show that last June 19-20, you spent $38231.40 in food for a flight to Washington D.C. This is what ?-an approximately 2 hr flight? A family of 4 in Canada only spends on average $12157 in food expenses for the entire year! Associated with this same trip and typical for most I have reviewed is a bill for 19 bottles of wine 24 cans of beer. While I realize you do need to eat, and that while I personally, do not drink or use drugs, many people do partake of legal impairing substances( not typically at work though I would imagine). That being said, I do take exception with the level of expense you have incurred, especially considering your plan to steal my private property for a fraction of its’ value. Your projections for your abhorrent steal back scheme for legally held rifles would only provide approximately $800 for items valued in the neighborhood of $2000! Additionally you seem to have no problem with the consumption of alcohol, while alcohol is responsible for so many more deaths than firearms of all types! You plan to take away legally owned rifles from lawful owners, to prevent gang crime with illegally held handguns, because legally owned firearms may be used in a homicide! This is despite the fact that firearms of all types are used in only approximately 1/3 of all homicides. This is outrageous! Alcohol and drugs kill more Canadians in a day than AR-15’s have in the last 10 years in Canada ( not that the rifle model is important, it is the person holding the gun that is the issue). If you applied your logic to alcohol and drugs, you would be banning those substances instead of legally owned rifles!. Of course bans on drugs and alcohol have never worked, -why do you think a gun ban will?
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

2. The Following User Liked This Post By 3MTA3

Swingerguy (02-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    y than AR-15’s have in the last 10 years in Canada
    List of AR-15 events in Canada.

1. (stolen, not murder)
    Louise Russo in 2004. Shot with an AR-15 stolen from a private owner. (in a wheelchair, not a murder)
    Russo had stopped the California sandwich shop in April 2004 to order dinner while her daughter sat in their vehicle.
    A van screeched forward toward Modica, Marresse and bodyguards Andrea Carbone and Pietro Scaduto. The vehicle’s side door open was and shots were fired from an AR-15 assault rifle.
    Patrons inside California dove for cover as the front pane window disintegrated, but Russo, who had her back to the window, was struck.
    Three handguns were later found inside the van that was stolen from an Eglinton Ave. and Dufferin St. address two hours before the shooting. The burning blue 1994 Plymouth Voyageur was spotted in a ditch at Pine Valley Dr. and Major Mackenzie Rd. Police recovered the assault rifle which was stolen from an Ontario home during a 1993 break-in.
    -- http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/01...to-be-released
    The AR15 used in the California Sandwiches shooting was actually stolen from a gun store while it was on consignment. During the robbery of that gun store, one of the employees was killed.
    -- Strangeday;728013

2. (smuggled)
    Cory Vallee convicted of first-degree murder of Red Scorpion gangster Kevin LeClair
    Feb. 6, 2009
    A smuggled AR-15, which jamed, illegally possessed by a gang banger
    The tool used in the hit is irrelevant, the hit would have happened anyway
    https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...pions-gangster

3. (smuggled)
    2017, Targeted Murder, Yukon Territory
    by Edward James Penner, drug dealer.
    "an AR-15 tucked into his waistband"
    Victim killed because he "had sold a gun that didn’t belong to him."

4. (not licenced, not murder)
    The 80's crime where an AR-15 was used was by an 18 year old hostage taker in Saskatoon in 1982.
    Richard Landrie, 18, held Kevin Bourk, 17, hostage for more than 20 hours in an empty townhouse. Dressed in fatigues and with his face blackened, Landrie was armed with an AR-15 he had purchased legally from a local sporting goods store for $890. Landrie demanded $50,000, a DC-9 aircraft, hamburgers, a medical kit and vodka. He fired approximately 50 rounds from his AR-15, leading police sharpshooters to shoot him in the head and chest. Police Supt. Ken Wagner said "It looks like we were dealing with a real weirdo." Landrie's mother, Donna, told media that "we've had problems with him ever since he was small. He's a loner, he couldn't get along with other children." Richard disliked school, quitting at 16, and briefly joining the North Saskatchewan Regiment. Donna knew "he needed help." During the incident, Landrie shot off hostage Kevin Bourk's right index finger in a random shooting spree. A local gun collector, Al Logan, described the AR-15 as a "pretty potent little weapon," that could "produce a lot of damage" since it "leaves a small wound where it enters and a large wound when it exits." Donna appealed for the return of the AR-15 so that she could sell it to pay for her son's funeral expenses, a request police denied because of the ongoing investigation. Following the funeral, Donna thanked friends and relatives "who shared in my sorrow in the great loss of my son." Following the inquest into the incident, Donna said she was convinced that Richard "wanted out". She had found Richard's diary with poetry written in it, "but everything points to the fact it (the incident) was no accident. He was just not happy."
    -- Dec 14 1982, https://twitter.com/RBlakeBrown/stat...36386129530881

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    List of AR-15 events in Canada.

1. (stolen, not murder)
    Louise Russo in 2004. Shot with an AR-15 stolen from a private owner. (in a wheelchair, not a murder)
    Russo had stopped the California sandwich shop in April 2004 to order dinner while her daughter sat in their vehicle.
    A van screeched forward toward Modica, Marresse and bodyguards Andrea Carbone and Pietro Scaduto. The vehicle’s side door open was and shots were fired from an AR-15 assault rifle.
    Patrons inside California dove for cover as the front pane window disintegrated, but Russo, who had her back to the window, was struck.
    Three handguns were later found inside the van that was stolen from an Eglinton Ave. and Dufferin St. address two hours before the shooting. The burning blue 1994 Plymouth Voyageur was spotted in a ditch at Pine Valley Dr. and Major Mackenzie Rd. Police recovered the assault rifle which was stolen from an Ontario home during a 1993 break-in.
    -- http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/01...to-be-released
    The AR15 used in the California Sandwiches shooting was actually stolen from a gun store while it was on consignment. During the robbery of that gun store, one of the employees was killed.
    -- Strangeday;728013

2. (smuggled)
    Cory Vallee convicted of first-degree murder of Red Scorpion gangster Kevin LeClair
    Feb. 6, 2009
    A smuggled AR-15, which jamed, illegally possessed by a gang banger
    The tool used in the hit is irrelevant, the hit would have happened anyway
    https://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...pions-gangster

3. (smuggled)
    2017, Targeted Murder, Yukon Territory
    by Edward James Penner, drug dealer.
    "an AR-15 tucked into his waistband"
    Victim killed because he "had sold a gun that didn’t belong to him."

4. (not licenced, not murder)
    The 80's crime where an AR-15 was used was by an 18 year old hostage taker in Saskatoon in 1982.
    Richard Landrie, 18, held Kevin Bourk, 17, hostage for more than 20 hours in an empty townhouse. Dressed in fatigues and with his face blackened, Landrie was armed with an AR-15 he had purchased legally from a local sporting goods store for $890. Landrie demanded $50,000, a DC-9 aircraft, hamburgers, a medical kit and vodka. He fired approximately 50 rounds from his AR-15, leading police sharpshooters to shoot him in the head and chest. Police Supt. Ken Wagner said "It looks like we were dealing with a real weirdo." Landrie's mother, Donna, told media that "we've had problems with him ever since he was small. He's a loner, he couldn't get along with other children." Richard disliked school, quitting at 16, and briefly joining the North Saskatchewan Regiment. Donna knew "he needed help." During the incident, Landrie shot off hostage Kevin Bourk's right index finger in a random shooting spree. A local gun collector, Al Logan, described the AR-15 as a "pretty potent little weapon," that could "produce a lot of damage" since it "leaves a small wound where it enters and a large wound when it exits." Donna appealed for the return of the AR-15 so that she could sell it to pay for her son's funeral expenses, a request police denied because of the ongoing investigation. Following the funeral, Donna thanked friends and relatives "who shared in my sorrow in the great loss of my son." Following the inquest into the incident, Donna said she was convinced that Richard "wanted out". She had found Richard's diary with poetry written in it, "but everything points to the fact it (the incident) was no accident. He was just not happy."
    -- Dec 14 1982, https://twitter.com/RBlakeBrown/stat...36386129530881
    Did I say something incorrect?
    2020-10= 2010 , so only #3 counts ( and it was smuggled).
    So AR-15's used in Homicide= 1, 10 yrs * 365 day/year=3650. AR-15 homicides/day= ~1/3650 = 0.0003/day. Data is a little old but MADD says Impaired driving alone by alcohol or drugs = 4 deaths/day so lets say 2/day for s&gs 2*3650=7300
    2-4/day>>>.0003/day and 1<<<7300-14600 (only 7000 x more)

Opiods- More than 13,900 apparent opioid-related deaths occurred between January 2016 and June 2019! 1276 days-13900/~1276 days = 11 deaths /day !

Impaired is a daily occurrence : About 4 people are killed each day in crashes involving alcohol and/or drugs.
    Impaired is a leading factor in traffic fatalities : Of the traffic accidents resulting in a death in 2012, 58.8% involved drivers who had some alcohol and/or drug presence in their systems.
    https://www.thinkinsure.ca/insurance...n-ontario.html

"Many Canadians who consume alcohol do so responsibly. However, alcohol consumption is linked to over 200 different diseases, conditions and types of injuries. Of those who choose to drink, a significant number of Canadians (at least 3.1 million) drink enough to risk immediate injury and harm, including alcohol poisoning in some cases. At least 4.4 million are at risk for longer term negative health effects."
    How can alcohol be harmful? Drinking alcohol was the third highest risk factor for global disease burden in 2010, moving up from being ranked sixth in 1990. It was also the top risk factor for poor health in people ages 15 to 49 years
    Globally, alcohol was linked to over 3 million deaths per year in 2012, slightly more than lung cancer and HIV/AIDS combined.

Homicide: Homicide has been decreasing substantially over time. In 2013, it constituted approximately 0.1% of all violent crimes in Canada, resulting in 505 homicides in 2013. Footnote 211 Alcohol and other drug use is common in homicides in Canada, for both the accused and the victim. In 2013, an estimated 40% of accused and 32% of victims involved in a homicide in Canada had used alcohol at the time of the crime.

Impaired driving is the leading criminal cause of death and injury in Canada. In 2017, there were more than 69,000 impaired driving incidents reported by the police, including almost 3,500 drug-impaired driving incidents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...on-canada.html
    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-s-study-finds
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 02-14-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Did I say something incorrect?
    Nope
    but

Different people have different triggers. My rules for stats include
    - "expressing a relationship without graphs is lying, because people can not help but cherry pick sentences."
    - "expressing quantity without percentage, or percentage without quantity, is lying. The amount of that done in 1995 by MPs and Wendy is horrendous."

Let us come back to actual numbers the year that Bill C-68 was passed. Data from the year prior to that, 1994, indicate that 23 women were killed by firearms owned by spouses or intimates. It is about the same.
    The fact of the matter is that in 1995 when this bill was before us, the absolute number of women killed by spouses by firearms, was never placed on the record by any single component of the bill. I discovered that it was quite an enormous challenge to ascertain the actual number.
    Honourable senators may be interested, it is not a particularly important story, but during the study of Bill C-68 we had a meeting when many of the western ministers were before our committee. During that questioning back and forth with those ministers, some of them were surprised to discover that in their own provinces a firearm had killed not a single woman. Obviously, if it is 23 per annum, and there are 10 provinces, there will be some provinces without any.
    I will not tell you the name of the minister. However, one of the ministers from one of the western provinces approached me afterward to discuss this matter. He told me that his understanding, based on the amount of noise and commotion about it, was that the number was in the thousands. He really believed that. He had never stopped to look at actual absolute numbers.
    -- Senator Anne Cools, Parliament Justice Committee on Bill C-10 (Proposed changes to Firearms Act) 27 Nov 2002
    http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/SEN/Co...s=2&comm_id=11

Thus the relation was correct, but you'd left so much of the SCALE OF THE DIFFERENCE that I thought I'd hand you the rest.

You're right, 1 homicide in the last 10 years with an AR-15 and that was smuggled.

So, using your numbers of 4 per day by alcohol + 11 per day opiod, for 10 years, is 14600 + 40150 = 54,750

So
    a) 1 : 54,750
    b) The result of the planned confiscation will have this result: 2 :75,000 . i.e. gangs will increase, so they'll smuggle more AR-15s. There is no reduction in AR-15 homicide since they've targeted the wrong group. Police will be spending more time/money confiscating 250,000 AR-15s and similar from people who did not do it, and that takes time that they would have spent against gangs, and gangs will sell more drugs, increasing the opiod numbers. With taxation wasted and increased crime and addiction, the economy will be reduced and alcohol use will also increase, likely increasing domestic violence.

The VAST majority of calls for service are what we refer to as "adult babysitting". Noise complaints, neighbour complaints, drunks, domestic arguments, etc etc. They all take manpower and they all take time.
    The government has mandated the way investigations are done now too. Take a domestic incident where an arrest is made. 2 cops are gonna be tied up on that for several hours.
    Where I work, there are usually 7-8 officers on the road. Policing a population of close to 100 000. Ask most people in the community on a Saturday night how many cops they think are working, and they guess anywhere from 20-80.
    If someone could suddenly make alcohol and drugs disappear entirely, calls for service to the police would drop about 80%.
    -- Waterflowler
    Last edited by RangeBob; 02-14-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Bob, ya gotta quit being such a bundle of joy.

(-:

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Nope
    Sure that make sense- but I did not express a statistic per se -I made an assertion based on the statistics for a short one page letter to some stupid libtard CSR trying to steal my sh!te, and I made my assertion very conservative!

BTW as always Thank you for the info - very helpful and always informative!
    FTrudeau

I haven't got a reply from anyone in Ottawa yet...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456