Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Pop quiz...
    Let's say you have a safe in a locked room. Can you store a loaded magazine besides a restricted firearm??

Asking for a friend!!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    Pop quiz...
    Let's say you have a safe in a locked room. Can you store a loaded magazine besides a restricted firearm??

Asking for a friend!!
    100% fine. The safe doesn't even have to be in a locked room.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    100% fine. The safe doesn't even have to be in a locked room.
    Thanks for response.
    The safe is in a gun room. Ammo is just in the locked room.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissArmyMan View Post
    Thanks for response.
    The safe is in a gun room. Ammo is just in the locked room.
    Its worded in such a way that you can story your ammo with your guns in your safe, just as long as the guns aren't actually loaded. A loaded magazine is not a gun, and a gun is not loaded if the magazine isn't actually in it. I vaguely remember a case (might have been in the US, so don't quote me on this) where someone had a magazine partly inserted in the mag well and the judge ruled that it still wasn't loaded. I wouldn't want to pay the legal fees to argue that one out in court though.

On a side note, I know someone who got off an impaired charge (he had no intention of driving) because the door of the car wasn't closed. He knew he couldn't drive but REALLY didn't want to leave it where he had parked. He was digging around in the center console for our (we both worked in the same garage) tow truck drivers card. He was going to call him to tow the car for him. Apparently an overzealous bouncer decided that he was going to keep him from driving and grabbed his belt from behind (his feet were still on the ground) and dragged him out of the car. My co-worker was a big guy, and ex-airborne. He laid the bouncer out on the ground. The cops showed up, and charged him with "operating" a motor vehicle while impaired. Nobody disputed that he wasn't actually seated in the car and the door was open. The judge threw it out, saying "well, you can't drive a car with the doors open". You never know how these things are going to go.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 10-06-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Macds (10-06-2020), SwissArmyMan (10-06-2020)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234