Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Calgary Police Chief DOES NOT Back Handgun Bans !

At least some Police Chiefs are using some common sense , and are not afraid to speak out .

Calgary Police Chief Doesn’t Back Handgun Bans: Calgary Herald
    2 Jan 2020

TheGunBlog.ca — Calgary Police Chief Mark Neufeld doesn’t support Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s goal of criminalizing honest handgun owners, according to an interview published this week in the Calgary Herald.

Neufeld is at least the 10th active or retired police leader across Canada to publicly question Trudeau’s plans to help municipalities expel lawful residents by prohibiting their handguns.

Neufeld told the Herald in a Dec. 30 article that fighting “gun crime” is a priority for him in 2020.

Unlike the prime minister, Canadian police generally prefer going after the known “bad guys” instead of the known “good guys.”

Calgary Herald

6:57 PM - Dec 30, 2019

Calgary Herald Quote

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has signalled his government’s intention to allow municipalities to ban handguns.

But Neufeld questioned how effective that type of legislation would be in Calgary. He said laws are already in place to deal with those behind most, if not all, of the shootings in the city.

“The idea now to delegate that authority down to the municipal councils could potentially result in a patchwork of bylaws across the province. So, for instance, maybe handguns wouldn’t be lawful in Calgary, but they would be in Airdrie and Cochrane, and so at some point, it just gets confusing for the citizens,” the police chief said.

“I guess the issue that will have to be reconciled is that with the shootings we’re having in Calgary, they’re not being perpetrated by lawful, law-abiding handgun owners . . . They’re saying, ‘Why should we be punished when it isn’t us that’s out there creating the problem?’ And they’re right about that.”

Source: Calgary Herald

Heritage, Tradition

Hunting and sport shooting are at the heart of Canadian culture, heritage and tradition.

About 2.2 million men and women have a firearm licence, and millions more hunt and shoot safely and responsibly under the control of permit holders.

About 300,000 licence holders own at least one police-registered handgun.

Trudeau promised one of the biggest confiscations against honest citizens of any democracy in history, starting with 250,000 hunting and sporting rifles. He didn’t announce any new measures to take away guns from violent offenders or gangs.

Police Leaders Against Trudeau Gun Confiscations
    (Growing List)

Brenda Lucki, RCMP Commissioner
    Adam Palmer, Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police President; Vancouver Police Chief
    Mark Saunders, Toronto Police Chief
    Vancouver Police Department
    Danny Smyth, Winnipeg Police Chief
    Evan Bray, Regina Police Chief
    Halifax Regional Police
    Chris Lewis, Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner (Retired)
    Mark McCormack, Toronto Police Association President
    Mark Neufeld, Calgary Police Chief
    Also

1. Max Waddell, Winnipeg Police, Organized Crime Unit

2. Mike Earl, Toronto Police, Holdup Squad (Retired)
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By Gunexpert007

2012Cvoguy (01-03-2020), chrisc (01-04-2020), Hidyn (01-03-2020), LCSulla (01-04-2020), P-B. (01-04-2020), VooDoo (01-03-2020), Waynetheman (01-03-2020)

where's redmonton's chief on this? I also e-mailed our useless mayor on this as well, no response yet.
    Green is the new Red

A shame that Neufeld has to serve under Nenshi's group of civic imbeciles. You can bet Nenshi & Co would LOVE to be able to limit/ban handguns in the city under the guise of reducing crime.
    I'm sure their collective panties are already wet just thinking about the possibility.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Gunexpert007 (01-03-2020), killer kane (01-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    where's redmonton's chief on this? I also e-mailed our useless mayor on this as well, no response yet.
    Email? Should have sent it by bicycle courier...
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

killer kane (01-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    I suspect, “Ban everything, yesterday!”
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Email? Should have sent it by bicycle courier...
    I think that'd be awsome.
    Green is the new Red

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    I suspect, “Ban everything, yesterday!”
    When he supported a revitalization of the LGR, he got hammered and backed off. I'm still waiting for a response on my e-mail from one of his acolytes regarding this, if I don't hear back by early next week i'll phone.....
    Green is the new Red

the shootings we’re having in Calgary, they’re not being perpetrated by lawful, law-abiding handgun owners . . . They’re saying, ‘Why should we be punished when it isn’t us that’s out there creating the problem?’ And they’re right about that.”
    A police chief gets its. Why can't the PM get it? Unless he intentionally doesn't want to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    A shame that Neufeld has to serve under Nenshi's group of civic imbeciles. You can bet Nenshi & Co would LOVE to be able to limit/ban handguns in the city under the guise of reducing crime.
    I'm sure their collective panties are already wet just thinking about the possibility.
    Doesn't matter what the mayors think. Jason Kenny isn't about to allow municipalities to ban guns.

I'd wager the Chiefs are mostly anti-confiscation for budgetary reasons vs any libertarian philosophical sentiments.
    Those willing to trade freedom for the facade of security deserve neither.
    Wake up fudds: your deer (evil sniper) rifle and duck (evil combat) shotgun are next!
    FireWall, then Wexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    A police chief gets its. Why can't the PM get it? Unless he intentionally doesn't want to get it.

More to the point, why do so many firearms owners not “get it?”

Doesn't matter what the mayors think. Jason Kenny isn't about to allow municipalities to ban guns.

Trudeau and company don’t give a rare rat’s ass about criminals with guns.

It is about you!

As for what Kenny will do, that is anyone’s guess.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast