Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Vudoo price is just crazy- but I guess if you have a 700 it would make a great trainer. I think the barreled action V-22 is MSRP $1770 US. I would be lying if I said I did not want one, but the wife would castrate me for sure, and the prospect of living behind the barn in a cardboard box for the winter is not that appealing.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    I thought the electronics only controls the trigger/firing pin mechanism.
    You are correct I was wrong on how it works, the electronics release the firing pin.

Vudoo, if you can afford it. After seeing one at the range last month, one is on my list.

Iím intrigued by the Savage .22ís and have my Pops 1960ís 110 in Ought Six that is still a laser.

For my choice though I went Anschutz, a 1712 Silhouette. I have no range pics put I will this Febuary....

48976B87-28E5-4039-8538-856F060332E3.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

GTW (01-07-2020), Lee Enfield (01-08-2020)

My Savage Mark II BRJ is a real accurate gun but it's too heavy to do much hunting with... I suppose I should probably sell it and replace it with something lighter.

People can talk about Savage and CZ and Ruger but if you want an accurate, quality rifle, there is no substitute for an Anschutz. Everything on those rifles is just better.

The Anschutz 64M is a great rifle at a reasonable price but they are not easy to find. The Anschutz 54's are considerably better and considerably more expensive. I got a "Finnish Lion" ISU target rifle which I have modified for field use. It is heavy but it is amazingly accurate and has an incredible trigger.

If you are really looking for a "tack driver" don't settle for something less than a purpose built target rifle. You will NEVER regret spending the $$$'s on a really good rimfire rifle.

Someone earlier in this thread talked about a Savage? being accurate out to 100 yds. I have killed gophers past 200 yds with my modified target rifle and out to 80 yds or so I could run near 100% headshots on gophers. A gopher's head is roughly the size of a tooney and they appear and disappear quickly at unknown distances and they move. Much more difficult shooting that plunking cans on a static range.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

Lee Enfield (01-09-2020)

Avoid the 10-22 and other semi-autos. They breed poor and lazy marksmanship because you know there is another round waiting. A single shot target rifle forces you to take the most care with each shot.

I spent years shooting single shot target rifles and when a friend lent me a pimped up 10-22 my hit percentage went into the toilet. It becomes about blasting ammo downrange rather than working to connect each shot.

Over the long term, a semi-auto is not faster than a single shot because eventually magazines run empty and have to be reloaded. Its the tortoise vs hair.

Sup,

I get what you're saying about being forced to carefully aim the shots, but more hares still beat more tortoises in races.

There's a reason soldiers use semi-auto rifles when bolt action rifles are available.

A lot of pretty accurate rounds are still more lethal than some super accurate rounds.
    I have no signature block.

I'm looking forward to warm weather to wring out the Weihrauch falling block 22lr I picked up earlier. Had one afternoon to try it and it looks promising. Used the peeps that were on it but I can't do them justice. Come on April.

it will mostly depend on the distances you'll be shooting, a 200 yard shot will be 35 - 50 inches of drop depending on ammo, this is when money comes into play, out to 50 meters pretty much anything will be workable, past 100 meters, wallet time

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Lee Enfield (01-09-2020)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast