Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    This is a target that I shot at 100 yards with my 10-22 using Federal Auto Match ammo.
    If it were not for the two fliers it would have been a 1/2" group.
    10-22s are accurate if you fix their defects.

Terry

Attachment 20686
    Friggin awesome! -With bulk ammo no less.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

It is really tough to get any semi auto to be as accurate as a bolt gun without copious work which generally isn't needed for a BG.

A friend has a couple AR's and a Springfield M1A that he has poured a lot of time and money into and they are very very good. The problem is for the $$ you could buy a off the rack Tika/Sako/Savage and have a gun that will shoot a tighter group.

Developing the load for the M1A has taken months of trials to get it "very close" to what he wants and he is still frustrated. For many what a semi will do is good enough, for serious shooters if fails.

I shot in a fun military shoot for a couple years..open sniper shoots out to 400m, the guys using a semi do well...I can't recall a semi every winning it is always a bolt gun. The average semi just can't do what a BG is capable of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    This is a target that I shot at 100 yards with my 10-22 using Federal Auto Match ammo.
    If it were not for the two fliers it would have been a 1/2" group.
    10-22s are accurate if you fix their defects.

Terry

Attachment 20686
    No 10-22 is going to match an Anschutz target rifle.

However my main argument has been against the psychology of shooting a semi-auto and not the rifle itself. Just knowing that another round is immediately available reduces the need to make the best of every shot. This breeds sloppy and lazy marksmanship. A single shot rifle forces the shooter to focus on marksmanship.

I've seen this effect in myself and others who were excellent shooters. The hit ratio with a bolt gun is WAY higher than with a semi-auto.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Lee Enfield (01-10-2020), stewbud (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Friggin awesome! -With bulk ammo no less.
    His post said "Match" ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Federal auto match is bulk pretty much, I don't think it comes in less than pack of 325.
    bulk 22.png
    22match.png
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-10-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Federal auto match is bulk pretty much...
    Over several years of using Auto Match I've found it to be very accurate and clean, to get better accuracy your ammo will approach double the cost.
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

Lee Enfield (01-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Over several years of using Auto Match I've found it to be very accurate and clean, to get better accuracy your ammo will approach double the cost.
    I have found it works pretty good in my 10/22, not great in my Mk II's
    FTrudeau

I've got some expensive match ammo lying around somewhere but we use Winchester Powerpoint in the field.

The IDF thinks the 10/22 is good!

Mine is stock and mediocre at best.

I wonder if the people in the military who advocate semi auto sniper rifles do it knowing their "snipers" too often miss the first shot?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast