Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Savage Mk II FV-SR 22LR
    15 rnds each group @ 50m. CCI standard velocity.
    Very cold today slight breeze.
    No where near as good as Terry's, but I think with a bit of work this rifle will do pretty good ( not a lot better than this, but a little.)
    7E6F4EE4-0130-46DC-A542-D05F3260D997.jpg
    09AC1A8F-BB1D-41B1-A302-10E966FB2733.jpg
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Anshutz at 50.png This Anshutz does not shoot that much better than my Savage! Good on you Savage-
    -from "Anschutz "1710 DHB" 22lr Rifle - The world's most accurate 22lr!!" Youtube Video by ozziereviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

I am a serious Savage fan and know from experience they make excellent firearms. I also know their 22's can not compete with many high priced competitors especially a Anschutz! IF the Savage was as good why would anyone pay the extra $$?

For a reasonable price Savage makes a .22 that will keep most shooters happy, to say they shoot as good as a Anschutz is nuts and shows just how little some know about a accurate gun.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

stewbud (01-13-2020)

I don't think anyone can argue that for the price, Savage is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    I don't think anyone can argue that for the price, Savage is hard to beat.
    The same could have been said for the original VW Beetle.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Suputin

Lee Enfield (01-13-2020)

I can’t afford a Anny,I am sure they are fantastic rifles. My Savage shoot s well, and performed as well as the rifle in the video.Only half as well as Terry’s 10/22.
    What is the best group that I could expect with that Anshutz in the video?
    I would be interested to see some other examples of the Anshutz rifle performance.practical rifle not Benchrest
    Last edited by 3MTA3; 01-13-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    FTrudeau

Beyond the outright accuracy of a target rifle, the thing I most like about them is the trigger. A really good trigger makes shooting so much more enjoyable than fighting with a crap trigger.

Then there is the smoothness of the action etc. Target rifles are just nicer to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by t_glover View Post
    This is a target that I shot at 100 yards with my 10-22 using Federal Auto Match ammo.
    If it were not for the two fliers it would have been a 1/2" group.
    10-22s are accurate if you fix their defects.

Terry
    What have you done to that 10/22?

My cz455 has been accurate enough for me but I don't consider more than a hunting rifle. Honestly, I don't really hunt anything with a .22, so I just keep it around cause it's a good looking rifle. lol
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I machined .090" from the Barrel shoulder and breech face so the bullets would engage the rifling.
    I lapped the front of the bolt so the head space was .043" from .055".
    These were the two mods that made the biggest difference.
    I bedded it with JB Weld using shrink wrap to stop the epoxy from sticking to the metal. I think that helped a little bit too.

Here is a link to a post about it: https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...Accurate-Again

Terry

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By t_glover

3MTA3 (01-13-2020), Lee Enfield (01-13-2020), lone-wolf (01-13-2020)

I got past the semi auto psychology, as it was put, and found that my CMMG AR (not a conversion kit) shoots pretty darn good with SV

My TUFF 22 with KIDD barrel will turn in ragged hole groups comparable to my best bolt gun - savage or CZ, when I set up each shot.

The advantage of a semi is greater ease in maintaining your grip and cheek weld. That’s going to keep the picture in your scope consistent, especially if parallax is an issue
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

14. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Mark-II

lone-wolf (01-14-2020), Magi (01-14-2020), Stew (01-14-2020)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast