Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Tack driving 22LRs?

Place your votes for your most accurate 22LR rifles.
    Looking (casually) for a bolt action to compliment the more expensive to shoot smoke poles in my humble arsenal.
    Tikka, CZ, Anshutz.... what say you?
    Those willing to trade freedom for the facade of security deserve neither.
    Wake up fudds: your deer (evil sniper) rifle and duck (evil combat) shotgun are next!
    FireWall, then Wexit.

I'm not normally a Savage guy, but the most accurate 22 I have researched and seen is the Savage BSEV 2.

It's wonky looking, kind of like a rainbow rifle from all of the laminate colours, but it's and absolute tack driver, and it's very highly rated from many credible websites.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

The heavy barrelled Mark-II Savages do shoot pretty damn well. I’ve used a blued/synthetic one that would print nice little clover leafs all day long. I’ve seen reviews claiming the rainbow/stainless ones were the most accurate rifles ever tested by some people, centrefire included.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Lee Enfield (01-06-2020), Petamocto (01-07-2020)

The Savage MKII is tough to beat for the price.

A friend has a few Anshutz 54 second models that are amazing. Apparently the second model with twin extractors is far more accurate than the first model, the drop time is faster thus more accurate. According to him do not buy a single extractor first model, they are good but can't compare to the second model.

If you could ever find a Feinwerkbau electronic ignition 22 LR they are amazing and he has one of those as well.

Depends on how much you want to spend.
    Last edited by Lee Enfield; 01-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Savage MARK II BTVS
    Easy to shoot. Nice and accurate under 100 yards.
    Might be banned in some states due to the thumbhole stock (New York SAFE act 2013), and in others the thumbhole stock is/was a workaround to get around a ban (1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban).

For gosh sakes don't try to clean it with a bore snake.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Mark-II (01-13-2020)

for the money nothing will even come close to a Savage MK II, a heavy barrel in an Oryx stock would be hard to beat at twice the price

in my opinion of course

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Lee Enfield (01-07-2020)

I'm a CZ fan boy, 452 and 455. A 457 will join them soon. Oh ya the Tikka tx1 is also an awesome shooter. Not a salvage in the lock up.

I have a CZ 455 Target and it is very accurate with all the ammo I have put through it.
    My stock Ruger 10-22 is still the most accurate .22 I have owned.

Terry

Where I shoot, a lot of fellows moved to the Anschutz MPR with good results.

The one above is slightly more conventional looking, the BSEV one is even more out there. Still attractive, in my opinion, but it definitely stands out. They went really bold with the shape and colours, but I think they got it right.

Every time I see one in stores (especially when they go on sale for $500-$600) I really have to talk myself out of buying one. Then I'd need another silver scope and rings and I'd be over $1000 easily, and I just can't jsutify that for the extra accuracy over a 10/22.

If I did any sort of competition shooting at all, however, it would be a no brainer and I would have this. But as it is, the kids can already hit everything with the 10/22, and it doesn't matter to them if they shoot 3" groups or 1/2" groups.

8706-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast