Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 25-06 vs 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Halfton View Post
    The 270 Win is one of those cartridges that I will never own. You can quote superior ballistic jargon for it all day long....and you still couldn't give me one. I like my 25-06, I like my 30-06, I like my 280 Rem.....but just the thought of the 270 Win does to me what, having tinfoil in your teeth while someone drags their nails across a blackboard and sticking me with a needle does.....all at the same time.
    Can't explain it....it just is what it is.....the one time I did shoot a buddies of mines, I felt compelled to go have a shower after.

Jim
    I feel the same way about the 30-06. There are no flies on it, it is accurate, effective, ammunition is easy to find. I even recommend it to novice hunters when asked.
    I have acquired a few in horse trades that always wound up on the auction block the very next day.
    I just won't own one.

The Ought Six, while boring as hell is still the only caliber to pull a three-peat in my safes. 200 grainers in the carbine and 150’s in the long tubed rifle. A reloading gimme for accuracy all round ymmv......

Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    The Ought Six, while boring as hell is still the only caliber to pull a three-peat in my safes. 200 grainers in the carbine and 150’s in the long tubed rifle. A reloading gimme for accuracy all round ymmv......
    Kinda how I feel about the .308, though I only currently have the old Frankenrifle K98... So boring...yet I could probably get by with it being the only calibre in the safe...
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Swingerguy (01-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    ...yet I could probably get by with it being the only calibre in the safe...
    Same could be said of the Whelen, or the Weatherby...

There really is a gnat's fart of difference in so many of the cartridges we shoot, the advantages of one is mitigated by the advantages of the next.
    Most of what we shoot is good for hunting most everything in N. America, emotional attachment is maybe the most important factor
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Yes the PRC 6.5 . I really not planing on getting one as it is one of them new heavy pushed die your hair blue BECAUSE things . 150 in a 280 or 143 in a 6.5 prc is the same and lead core bullets are not as fussy about twist

Quote Originally Posted by karm View Post
    Yes the PRC 6.5 . I really not planing on getting one as it is one of them new heavy pushed die your hair blue BECAUSE things . 150 in a 280 or 143 in a 6.5 prc is the same and lead core bullets are not as fussy about twist
    I really really am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say and mean.

On the plus side, at least this isn’t a necro thread.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By GTW

M1917 Enfield (01-22-2020), Rory McCanuck (01-20-2020)

yes the tread i got off track with this. As just throwing the new in with the old. There is really not too much that is a super do it all if you take the time and look. The bullets have came a long ways for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    I really really am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say and mean.

On the plus side, at least this isn’t a necro thread.
    yes i understand it is OK as most just repeat what they are told .

You came back three weeks later for this?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Seeing as how this thread came back, to add my 2 zloty to this I just ordered a Model 70 Supergrade French Walnut from Dan at Rat River Outdoors. It’s coming this week I hope, and it’s a (drum roll.........) 30-06!
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

13. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Camo tung (02-18-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123