Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I think I've only lately, been able to appreciate my greatest firearm moment that is now very long past.

It was a result of being raised by grandparents that were born in the 1880's and 1890's. The freedom I had, is not to be had now.

Realizing and living that, was and is my greatest firearm experience.

I was allowed to have anything I could pay for.

I was given a .22 at age 11. It came with a box of shells, some brief instructions, fire a couple rounds and off you go.

All of the things that too many people would be too uneducated to grasp, were understood.

Like don't shoot at people, farm animals, property, etc..

Here I am 60 years later and still haven't seen a misbehaving gun.

Amazing!

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Waterloomike

3MTA3 (01-09-2020), Aniest (01-11-2020), chuckbuster (01-09-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020)

favorite firearm moment... that would have to be my first club match.

One of the best part about Sharon is the regular Saturday Club matches. It's a short IPSC style match and we alternate between shotgun and rifle. All club member can participate.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

4. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

MarkR (01-15-2020)

A few years back, when my daughter was about 8 or 9, I took her along with my dad and my wife to the skeet range for an afternoon. I had a little Mossberg Mini Bantam in .410 that I had shown her how to use. There was nobody else at the range that summer afternoon so I had my daughter stand on a firing point while I hand tossed clay pigeons for her. She proceeded to load and shoot the gun at the clay birds as I tossed them; she even managed to smoke a few of them. Her mother was absolutely amazed at how safe and proficient she was with the gun; and my dad, sitting in the shade of the clubhouse porch was beaming over my obvious pride in my daughter.

Simpler times, and they weren’t all that long ago. Now she’s 17, almost done high school and her interest in time with the old man only extends as far as the handing over of my car keys. I’m told she’ll come around again, and I hope so.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

6. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By chuckbuster

Aniest (01-11-2020), Fusilier (01-11-2020), lone-wolf (02-03-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020), Waterloomike (01-09-2020)

The sunny days that I venture out to fine tuning my sights on one of my guns. And when I make all my shots touch in the dead Center of the Bulls eye. That makes it I love summer. Leave no can standing.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By cory moffat

MarkR (01-15-2020)

My favourite moment was taking my uncle, who has been diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, for a full day of handgun shooting. It's a moment in time that I will never forget.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By 4n2t0

MarkR (01-15-2020)

One of my favourite moments was about three years ago at Abbotsford Fish and Game. Took my wife to go shooting and meet friends, I hopped out of the car and heard a strange sound coming from the range we were walking up to, turns out there was a Vancouver ERT member who was practising with his suppressed un-neutered (single, 3 end burst, full auto) HK MP5, and suppresses AR15. After watching him for a bit I walked up to him and struck up a conversation and casually slipped that I would love to shoot the MP5. Needless to say I got a quick demo, loaded up two 30 round mags with ammunition, gave the charging handle the die hard slap and got to shred a couple silhouettes utilizing the selective fire options! What a blast!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Mr.Crumbz

MarkR (01-15-2020)

My favourite moment & moments with a firearm was as a kid. We had an old gravel pit close to our house and every once in awhile my dad would get the old double barrel 12 gauge, the 410 and the Cooey 22 out. Off to the pit he and my brothers would go and he would let us shoot. The day I was finally big enough to shoot the double barrel was one of the best days I can remember. There is something magical to just be out plinking with family seeing who could shoot better that day. Although my dad never hunted or really shot very much he always seemed to be able to out shoot all of us. Those moments are my favourites and some day I hope to share moments like that with my grandchildren.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Bob E.

MarkR (01-15-2020)

A few pieces of silver sure gets people talking.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

16. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

lone-wolf (02-03-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020), Waterloomike (01-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    A few pieces of silver sure gets people talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalPost View Post
    Each winner will receive 1 silver bullet (1 metric tonne of silver in the form of a bullet. Each piece an original sculpture, created for GunOwnersOfCanada by the artists at the Franklin Mint. Each piece cast in pure silver, set in a brass cartridge base, hand enameled in Canadian red. The detail is as authentic as it is astonishing. Each bullet is delivered on a fine oak pallet, provided at no additional charge.)
    That's over $585,000 USD per bullet just in silver alone !

18. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

MarkR (01-15-2020)

Ok, here goes. ^ yup Dewey I guess it does lol. Though when I first saw this I didn't think I could come up with a good enough story to share. That got me thinking (as I believe was the purpose behind this) about some of the times with out with guns and family..... I've narrowed it down to three

My boy was about nine or ten when I decided that it was time for him to move up from a 22 rimfire. There just happened to be a gun show in town shortly after that. So, we went cruising up and down the aisles looking at all the guns, war memorabilia, scopes, knives and so on. Well I spot a 222 on a rack, a Savage 340. Nice shape, not too big, should be something he could handle so I buy it. He was pretty excited about it and I promised we'd get out to shoot in a day or two. Early in the evening a couple of the dogs start raising a rukus and we go out to investigate. They had treed a squirrel. This wasn't unusual as these dogs were avid hunters themselves always looking for mice and squirrels - they'd even catch the odd squirrel (and more mice than any cat that was ever around here). But this day Billie was pretty worked up, trying to climb the tree, barking, whining and actually trying to take the tree down pulling the bark of in strips! I told my son to go get the 22 (he was well trained and I had no issue sending him - he knew to keep it unloaded) and we'll help Billie get his squirrel. Off he goes to the house grabs the gun and the mag while I keep an eye out on the squirrel. I point the squirrel out to him, he loads, gets set and BANG!!! not pop, BANG! He thought I'd meant the 222 when I said 22. Guess he hadn't heard of triple duece yet. Anyway, he hit the tree beside the squirrel but it came down almost like it had been shot - arms and legs stretched out doing a belly flop to the ground. Billie didn't get his squirrel that day as he was scared of loud noise and went to his house to hide when he saw it. Gotta be specific when dealing with kids....

My boys first deer. It was the first year he was able to hunt big game so he would have been fourteen. Nothing spectacular about it but it will always be with me. We were hunting at a buddies place near Hanna and had walked a couple of coulées and were heading back to the house for lunch when we spotted a group of does (we had started putting him in draws so he could go the first year he was old enough) in a little draw. We got out and he lined up on a nice doe at about a hundred yards and let fly with his Grandpa's old 303 that I had hand loaded for. Perfect shot, down she went! He was so excited he had to call Grandpa to tell him. This was pre every one had a cell phone days, I had one that I carried for work and let him use it. I can still remember the excitement in his voice as he described the hunt and shot over the phone sitting in the field to my Dad.

The last one was just this year. My girlfriend has developed an interest in guns and wanted to go hunting. I first bought her a 223 and took her to the range. That got her interested even more. She is determined to make small holes. She really wanted to go goose shooting so I go about finding a shotgun for her. First I found a 12 gauge semi - I thought it would be good for her as the action would use up most of the energy in recoil but it was too big and heavy for her. Oh, she's a lefty too so hard to find. I was talking with a buddy and he says go get a youth model 20 gauge pump, it won't kill her and it doesn't matter about left or right (he's left handed too). Just so happens Cabelas has a Mossberg youth model on sale so I buy it. We go to the range, go over the operation hand throw some clay and she really wants to shoot a goose. This fall we go with my buddy, put out all the decoys, build a blind, get all set up and then we have to sit and wait. Quiet and patience isn't her strong suit lol but she made it till the geese started flying,and coming in. She didn't hit a thing but was so excited and pumped - she's hooked! Can't wait till next year. Oh, the next time we went out she confessed that last time she was so excited that after her first shot she forgot she had more and didn't work the action to take another lol, just watched as we hammered some birds. I think I'll keep her

20. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

MarkR (01-15-2020)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast