Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Firearms and the love of both hunting and shooting sports helped rekindle the relationship between my uncle and I. We hadn't talked but once a year, if that, until about 2 years ago. That's when I received my PAL in the mail.
    My uncle has been a shooter and hunter for about 45 years. I'd heard the stories from some of my other family members about some of his trips and his skill as a shooter. Being new to the firearms community, I reached out for advice on what my first purchase should be. About 2 weeks later he showed up at my door with his Remington 870 and an old Winchester .30-.30 lever action. Both had been well loved but very well maintained.
    "I'd like you to have these. Guns should be kept in the family." He said.
    I was both honoured and VERY grateful for such a generous gift.
    And so began our relationship. After nearly 25 years, we're now more like father and son than uncle and nephew. We shoot together at least 3-4 times a month and spend countless hours talking about shooting, hunting and reloading. We trade reloading supplies as we work up our loads. We surprise each other with little gifts of bipods, bullets, powder, and other little treats.
    Rekindling our relationship has been something that we both cherish deeply. The laughs we now share are priceless. My only regret is that we didn't do this sooner. My favourite firearms moment is actually many moments. Ones that I never could have imagined would have happened all happened because of a shared love of firearms.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RemmyPCR700

Magmalis (01-11-2020), MarkR (01-15-2020)