Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Browning Hell's Canyon in 6.5 Creedmoor

Yep, I have the best fiancé a guy could ask for.
    Somehow she managed to sneak a picture of my PAL and buy me the very rifle that I was dying to get! (She only paid for it...it stayed at the store until I could pick it up...no shady gun sales happening here.)
    I gotta say, that rifle is a laser! I absolutely LOVE it! The trigger is simply awesome...like wow. It's as light as a feather and with the low recoil it's a dream to shoot!
    I finally had the chance to shoot it out at 400 yards a few days ago and it is bang on accurate. Dial in the elevation and windage and boom! The sweet sound of ringing steel!
    If anyone is on the fence about picking one of these up, DO IT!

2. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By RemmyPCR700

hawk-i (01-15-2020), kennymo (01-11-2020), Magmalis (01-15-2020), Rory McCanuck (01-11-2020), Sabio (01-12-2020), Waterloomike (01-11-2020)

Yes , you are a lucky guy as those Browning Hell's Canyon are not cheap to buy , so your fiance shelled out quite a bit of cash for it.....Congrats !
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Congratulations! Both on your wife and your piece. It sounds supreme.

I have a 6.5 Creedmore by Ruger. I put on a muzzle brake, Leupold class IV scope and Boyd's ATONE stock. It is a real shooter. Best piece I have in hipower.

It doesn't seem like a manbun round in the least. Not much kick, but plenty powerful and accurate to a fault.

I love mine.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Hell’s Canyon Long Range or the Speed model? Both very nice, I had a hankering for the long range in 6.5, but budget dictated that I purchased a Savage FV instead.

I have been fantasizing about another 6.5 in a rifle more hunting friendly than the 26” heavy barrel Savage, but so many guns, so little time and money....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Mine's the speed model...

I couldn't agree more. I know that the 6.5 creedmoor has gotten a little bit of a reputation as a flavour of the month calibre, but balistically it's awesome. Pair that with the minimal recoil and I'm hooked.

Love them in the Burnt Bronze Cerakote

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Anomaly

RemmyPCR700 (01-12-2020)

Congrats on the new rifle. I would go for a 260 Rem myself.

Interesting...how come?

Quote Originally Posted by RemmyPCR700 View Post
    Interesting...how come?
    To get the same or a little more velocity you have less pressure with the 260. Most top Creedmoor loads are pushing up the pressure to near max, at least when I look at Hodgdon reloading data. Plus everybody is shooting the Creedmoor cartridge, I like things a little different. My current deer rifle is a Tikka in 6.5x55, a very good cartridge. The 260 Rem seems to be way out of the limelight now.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By road kill

RemmyPCR700 (01-15-2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast