The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

Semi autos in 300 win mag - Options ?

My Browning BAR (Safari MK2) bolt wont open. Something let go and its locked up solid. In order to disengauge the lugs from the barrel, Id have to take the barrel off. In order to do that, youve got to get the forestock off. In order to do that, you have to open the bolt......blah blah blah...around and around we go.

I was thinking of buying another BAR since I have 2 mags already, and just using this one as a parts gun. Then I got thinking....whats available out there these days ? Maybe try something new ?

My only absolutes are non-restricted, semi-auto, and 300 win mag. I know about the Benelli R1, but I dont see much else out there in the gun world that meets those 3 requirements. Anybody know of anything else ? No, it doesnt have to be in current production. Im not closed to the idea of used guns by any means.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

The Benelli R1 is one good looking rifle. There’s been one in 270 WSM at the corner shop for quite some time wearing a gorgeous chunk of walnut. I keep hoping he’ll mark it down one day.... My reading indicates that they’re a bit finicky on ammunition, but once you get the load worked out, reliable and very accurate.

The Merkel semi auto can be had in 300 WM. Not sure where you’d find one here or what they might be worth.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Holy cow, a thread where Justice’s catalog listing would actually be on topic....
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Haywire1

Lee Enfield (01-10-2020), Rory McCanuck (12-22-2019)

Do you like French firearms?

How about a Verney Carron Impact NT in .300 Win Mag?

Verney Carron Impact NT Semi Auto .300 Win Mag.jpg

How about a nice German Merkel SR1 in .300 Win Mag?

Merkel SR1.jpg

Or a Sauer 303 Semiauto in 300 Win Mag

Sauer-303-Semiauto-in-300-Win-Mag.jpg
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

Voere also makes one in .300 Win Mag and maybe you could find one if you look hard enough -

2185 Semi-Automatic Rifle

Voere 2185 Semi-Automatic Rifle.jpg
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Do you like French firearms?

How about a Verney Carron Impact NT in .300 Win Mag?

Verney Carron Impact NT Semi Auto .300 Win Mag.jpg

How about a nice German Merkel SR1 in .300 Win Mag?

Merkel SR1.jpg

Or a Sauer 303 Semiauto in 300 Win Mag

Sauer-303-Semiauto-in-300-Win-Mag.jpg
    Rare beasts for sure. I like the Verney Carron and the Merkel. Unfortunately nobody seems to have them in 300wm in Canada. The Sauer is nice too. I didn't find any listed in Canada (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place). I did find one listing on the web. Only $3000 USD !!!!
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Is yours the type you have to take the butt stock off to drop the trigger group? Or is your the one that you can see the 2 pins to pop out to lower the trigger group?
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Rare beasts for sure. I like the Verney Carron and the Merkel. Unfortunately nobody seems to have them in 300wm in Canada. The Sauer is nice too. I didn't find any listed in Canada (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place). I did find one listing on the web. Only $3000 USD !!!!
    Quality and uniqueness costs $!