Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 130

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Strangeday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,741

    From a friend in Virginia

    Waiting on news from Virginia legislature and from the Bloomberg-sponsored Governor (thew blackface-wearing Northam). The pending Bill provides for confiscation of any 'assault rifle', defined as any weapon that meet <any> of these criteria: rifle with pistol grip, can hold 10 or more rounds, has a flash suppressor, has bayonet lug, etc. They are talking $10K fines and door-to-door seizures, etc. Everyone here in panic--went to a gun store on Saturday, lines out the door, and not a single black plastic rifle on the shelves. Not sure what will happen, but looks ugly because of urban leftist super-majority in committee and legislature. Of course my Enfield has a bayonet lug, so will be considered an assault rifle under the new law... I'd be damned sooner than turn it in or sell it to the Govt. Cheers and best for the week.
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

    I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.


  2. The Following User Liked This Post By Strangeday

    Billythreefeathers (01-13-2020)

  3. #2
    Señor Member Dewey Cox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Middle East Alberta
    Posts
    2,887
    Well, I hope the Virginians give enough fight to make the canadian liberals think twice.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

  4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

    Aniest (01-13-2020), Suputin (01-13-2020), Swingerguy (01-13-2020)

  5. #3
    Go Canucks Go! lone-wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Isle Saint-Jean
    Posts
    15,214
    If the boogaloo kicks off this year, it's looking like virginia
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

    "It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

  6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

    Aniest (01-13-2020), killer kane (01-13-2020), Rory McCanuck (01-13-2020)

  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    SWOntario
    Posts
    2,546
    "...make the Canadian liberals think..." They don't think.
    Where do you think the Chretein Gang got all their stupid ideas for the FA?
    Oh and Ralpie, a Democrat, is a former U.S. Army Doctor(pediatric neurologist), educated at VMI(Same as Georgie Patton). Likely jumps when the AMA tells him to. Mind you, he has said he has no plans for confiscation of private property. And Bloomberg, said it wouldn't work.

  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    ...defined as any weapon that meet <any> of these criteria: rifle with pistol grip, can hold 10 or more rounds, has a flash suppressor, has bayonet lug, etc.
    "Any"!!! WOW, that is Draconian, I really hope Virginians show those dictators what they're made of and march on the State Government!
    Remember May 1, 2020 when they say: "we don't want your guns."
    The Turd Reich, where the law abiding get moistly shafted!

  9. #6
    Senior Member FALover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Posts
    10,322
    It will be interesting indeed to watch how this unfolds. What happens when some LEO or other organization has to disarm their family? Will all those politicians and others who have armed security now have to give up their freedoms? Boogaloo is being polite. An armed resistance is inevitable and quite likely.

    Can the President send in troops to arrest those who are attacking America from within? They are criminals in my eyes and need to be dealt with as such.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

  10. #7
    Senior Member Zinilin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    It will be interesting indeed to watch how this unfolds. What happens when some LEO or other organization has to disarm their family? Will all those politicians and others who have armed security now have to give up their freedoms? Boogaloo is being polite. An armed resistance is inevitable and quite likely.

    Can the President send in troops to arrest those who are attacking America from within? They are criminals in my eyes and need to be dealt with as such.
    The President and 'the troops' are sworn to uphold the constitution, not unconstitutional edicts signed into law by the governor of Virginia.

    I would not be surprised if they were to find the governor dressed in a red coat and hanging from a tree.

  11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Zinilin

    infidel29 (01-31-2020), Rory McCanuck (01-13-2020), Soph (01-13-2020)

  12. #8
    Senior Member Strangeday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    The President and 'the troops' are sworn to uphold the constitution, not unconstitutional edicts signed into law by the governor of Virginia.

    I would not be surprised if they were to find the governor dressed in a red coat and hanging from a tree.
    Actually the National Guard is under the command of the state’s governor but do carry on with your story....
    Calvin Martin, Q.C. 1933 - 2014

    I would like to apologize to anyone i have not offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.


  13. #9
    Senior Member Zinilin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Actually the National Guard is under the command of the state’s governor but do carry on with your story....
    Which of course means the National Guard are relieved of their oath to uphold the USA and Virginia constitution if so ordered by the governor.

    Did I understand your remark correctly, or was there some other point.

  14. The Following User Liked This Post By Zinilin

    Soph (01-15-2020)

  15. #10
    Go Canucks Go! lone-wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Isle Saint-Jean
    Posts
    15,214
    There was talk of Virginia politicians using the national guard in areas where the police refused to enforce the laws

    Many memes ensued.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

    "It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •