Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    More problems with crowns

The once finely crafted revolver, is no more. Buy an original, don't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    The once finely crafted revolver, is no more. Buy an original, don't be disappointed.
    Just dont try and shoot any amount of ammo through it as it will fail - they are nice to look at, not to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by sbe View Post
    Just dont try and shoot any amount of ammo through it as it will fail - they are nice to look at, not to shoot.
    Oh? I'm curious to how you came to that conclusion, as I've come across very little info saying these are anything but shoddy - pre-80's models anyway. Nothing like the issues the new ones seem to have direct from the factory.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Oh? I'm curious to how you came to that conclusion, as I've come across very little info saying these are anything but shoddy - pre-80's models anyway. Nothing like the issues the new ones seem to have direct from the factory.
    Had one of the old great ones and it does not take alot of research to find issues with old ones. Dont see many used in competitions - my Smith's and rugers out run they easily. New ones have plenty of good reviews and have a lot of people wanting to show they suck due to investment in old ones.

This is all going very poorly for Colt. They were already in financial trouble, but if they can't even get their flagship model out the door without issues, their reputation is going to tube.

That's why I love Daniel Defense, their brand has always been about using Colt as a start state and then doing better.

Getting the Python wrong is a disaster.
    I have no signature block.

Banned
    What might be wrong with cylinder and the crowning probably an easy fix. Come on the crowning is no excuse, probably mad rush to get them out the door at same time as shot show. I will keep my old python just for the fact it's old, just like I don't like selling any of my old smith's or rugers, again just because many were made years ago, not because I'm going to get rich of them. If only some of these old relics could talk......will I buy a new python, maybe if they make them in blue just like I have bought new smith's and rugers.

You're hopefully missing the entire point that there's no such thing as an easy fix.

When a brand like Colt launches a make like Python, there is no such thing as "we'll see how it goes and we'll fix anything that's wrong".

That's a death sentence. Colt is such a big name and Python is such a big name that they should have tested these things for 10,000 hours before ever putting them up for sale.
    I have no signature block.

Banned
    I hear what you are saying, many have put down deposits for the new python, wonder how many are having second thoughts? You are right something they should have caught because it's not like the guns that are having problems have 10,000 shots through them, they are basically still new. Well maybe they will be a lot cheaper than $2200 soon and looks like the delivery date now has been pushed out to June.

Banned
    Well are things getting worse for new python?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast