Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I'm sorry to admit that all of this makes me happy. I don't know why I hate the Colt brand so much, I just do. It's part of why I love the Daniel Defense line of ads "Some companies stop at mil spec, but we start with it". It's a total F you to Colt, and I love that.

However, I at least respected them as a brand before. They weren't the best, but they were a very good solid brand, and that meant something.

But how can a company that holds all Army contracts in North America be at the brink of bankruptcy even before this happened?

They're a terribly led company. That much brand history, and free money from Army contracts, and they managed to screw it all up.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    $2,200.00 for a Colt Python?
    So 'bout $2500 w/tax. On the "other site" there is a mintish original Python for 3 grand, taxed and shipped. Better deal, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    So 'bout $2500 w/tax. On the "other site" there is a mintish original Python for 3 grand, taxed and shipped. Better deal, methinks.
    There's some irony that the decades old one that works reliably, it's almost vandalism to shoot,
    whereas the current one that fails for so many, it would not affect my conscience at all to shoot.

If they ever get the new one working reliably, I might consider getting a new one of Jack Reacher's favourite gun. Probably a waste of $1000, but $1200 well spent?

Banned
    Python Update and FAQ to answer concerns about their python.

Obviously Colt has no choice but to try to put out damage control videos like that now, but that's like saying a husband has no choice but to apologize and try to make it right after he cheated on his wife several times.

In both cases, there's no excuse for it in the first place. Anyone who defends a company that puts out a flawed product is part of the problem.

The dollar amount is the kicker here, and it's the same reason I went bat-sh!t crazy when my $2500 Stag 10S didn't work out of the box.

There is no excuse whatsoever to put out a gun that costs $1000+ (let alone $2000+) that has any problems at all, let alone the FOUR problems that Colt addresses in that video.

You expect minor issues with a $500 gun, but not for a premium product. Customers have a right to be pissed off, and Colt deserves to burn.
    I have no signature block.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Petamocto

Camo tung (02-23-2020), Mark-II (02-28-2020)

Banned

in case you missed my SHOT show review, allow me to re-post some python pics here...as i wrote there, it was ok but not something i would buy

I was quite anxious to try the re-introduced Colt Python...it was available with 4” and 6” barrels and I opted for the longer while Tom shot both. It was nice but not something I would buy.

Of course all the talk about Colt is around the re-released Python, but as I mentioned after shooting it at Range Day, it didn’t excite me enough to want to purchase one.

The cut-a-way was pretty neat though

Win the crowd and you win your freedom

Banned
    Is this a pattern?

Selling the business and moving to a small place in New Hampshire this coming summer.
    When I get back to a free country the first thing I'll buy is a good used Colt Python and then an AR-15.
    Then maybe a M1911.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Quote Originally Posted by Caralho View Post
    PLus don't forget the taxman wants his share on top of that.
    Then to add injury to insult turdo will grab the gun itself.
    It'll happen sooner rather than later.
    Somebody has got to take the fall for all the gangland shootings in the GTA and other urban centres and we know the progressives (aka: liberal lefties) will make sure no cop lays a hand on the bangers themselves.
    NFA member
    NRA Life Member
    OFAH member

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast