Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Part of the reason the Python was the 'pinnacle of revolvers' was because each was hand adjusted by an excellent gunsmith.
    I'm betting this new batch they're putting all their faith in the accuracy of a CNC.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I always thought Dirty Harry was cooler than Rick Grimes anyway....
    Jack Reacher's favourite gun is the Python.

Anyone have any ideas why the cylinder stops spinning? Wheel guns are ancient tech so why would this be happening.
    Government is your servant not your master.
    Taxation is theft.

Abolish government

I just watched Hickok 45 shooting the Python, he did mention it but seemed to like the gun overall. Had one of the original Pythons in another lifetime, still regret letting it go.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Part of the reason the Python was the 'pinnacle of revolvers' was because each was hand adjusted by an excellent gunsmith.
    I'm betting this new batch they're putting all their faith in the accuracy of a CNC.
    And they required constant attention from an excellent gunsmith. Even when S&W went to more mass-produced parts, there are still parts that have to be hand fit. And that design is much easier to CNC.

There's nothing special about the new Python($1499.00US MSRP) but its name. Original Pythons had a factory gunsmith trigger job. The new one, with supposedly "years of research and development" and something called a "next-generation trigger system", is just another over priced .357 revolver with the Colt name. Colt(among others) has been marketing based on the name for eons.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    There's nothing special about the new Python($1499.00US MSRP) but its name. Original Pythons had a factory gunsmith trigger job. The new one, with supposedly "years of research and development" and something called a "next-generation trigger system", is just another over priced .357 revolver with the Colt name. Colt(among others) has been marketing based on the name for eons.
    I had the old ones and the custom double action trigger was terrible and it stacked as you pulled. They are not as good as the price states before the walking dead show they were cheaper than Smith's to get - nothing special about them. Try shooting the old ones in speed competition and let me know how that works out - they were not strong and are finicky and need alot of gunsmith attention.

I honestly prefer a s&w. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Smc

Steveo9mm (01-21-2020)

......I prefer the Ruger GP100 in stainless myself .
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Caralho View Post
    Anyone have any ideas why the cylinder stops spinning? Wheel guns are ancient tech so why would this be happening.
    Watched an interview with Ken Hackathorn yesterday.

He says those who are very proficient with their semi autos tend to short stroke their trigger release after a trigger cocked (DA) shot, missing the reset.

It is necessary to get your finger forward off the trigger, or you won’t get cylinder turn when you pull the trigger again.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isn’t hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast