Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Watched an interview with Ken Hackathorn yesterday.

He says those who are very proficient with their semi autos tend to short stroke their trigger release after a trigger cocked (DA) shot, missing the reset.

It is necessary to get your finger forward off the trigger, or you won’t get cylinder turn when you pull the trigger again.
    You are right I did see that video and he did say that. So maybe not the gun but the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I want one.
    But I don't think anyone is going to abuse one to the point where it will be in my price range when they sell it.
    There's an original Python for sale on the "other site" in the condition you describe.

I’ve seen a few shot show articles bringing up the controversy again.

Is the lock work of this Python different from that of the King Cobra Target released last year? Can’t seem to find an answer, but I’ve not heard of issues with the other gun.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Banned

I think it looks fantastic, hadn't heard about the issues. I have a SW686 now and didn't know I wanted another .357 revolver...

Quote Originally Posted by Caralho View Post
    There are a lot of people with substantial investment in old Pythons that would love there to be a problem with new ones.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By sbe

Gunexpert007 (01-21-2020)

Banned

Yikes.

Banned

I was seriously considering shelling out the zloty required to purchase a nice new python, then I saw all of these negative stories including Hickock45’s issue. It appears to me Colt rushed a product to market to capitalize on the Walking Dead series. So, am now looking at the S&W 29 Dirty Harry .44 mag model - I’ve always wanted one of those. Significantly cheaper too.
    Last edited by GTW; 01-31-2020 at 10:10 PM.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast