Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are no pain sensors in the brain. You wouldn't feel a thing .... much like lieberals

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Suputin

Billythreefeathers (01-14-2020), M1917 Enfield (01-14-2020), Swingerguy (01-14-2020)

During the election campaign the Lib candidate came to my door and asked for my support. I explained to her why the gun bans are useless. She admitted to me and I quote, "I know nothing about guns."

Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    manitoba needs to get rid of pallister as well.
    And put Wab Kinew and the NDP back in? No thanks. Alberta may as well re-elect Nutley.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    And put Wab Kinew and the NDP back in? No thanks. Alberta may as well re-elect Nutley.
    I'm not saying vote out the cons, I'm saying you have a red tory running your province.
    Green is the new Red

What the media would like you to believe (aka "he was just turning his life around): https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...id=hplocalnews

‘He was a leader’: Winnipeg homicide victim Yassin Abdu Ahmed remembered for work with youth
    Shane Gibson
    6 hrs ago

Friends of Winnipeg’s latest homicide victim are still trying to come to grips with the violent death of a young man remembered for his inspiring work with at-risk teenagers.

Twenty-year-old Yassin Abdu Ahmed died early Sunday morning, shot outside the Windsor Hotel along with two other men who are now recovering in hospital.

Those who knew him said Ahmed was a talented basketball player and youth worker who was in the wrong place at the wrong time when gunfire broke out at the hotel shortly before 3 a.m.

“He was a leader, he was going somewhere.. I can’t believe it was him,” friend Styles James Lathlin said, who knew Ahmed through the young man’s work mentoring kids.

“He was loved by everybody, he was a good kid — he had an old soul — he could relate to everybody.”

Ahmed worked at community centres across the city, including the Spence Neighbourhood Association, West Broadway Community Organization, and Magnus Eliason Recreation Centre.

He also took overnight shifts at at-risk group homes looking out for teens.

“It was a big loss to the community, from the North End to [the] West End to Central to Broadway,” Lathlin said, who works to keep kids out of gangs as a health and wellness speaker.

While police have said they think the shooting was gang-related, they told Global News Ahmed is not believed to have been in a gang himself.

His death has left Jasmine Brine, who worked with Ahmed at the Spence Neighbourhood Association, in shock.

She said the young people they worked with looked up to Ahmed.

“He was an amazing friend, whenever you needed him he would be there ... he looked out for everybody,” Brine said.

“He stayed with the kids and watched them overnight, made sure they were safe, they didn't leave or take off, he broke up fights.

“He was an inspiration to all the youth, to the Muslim community, his friends.”

Lathlin said the difference Ahmed made to Winnipeg’s youth can be seen on a GoFundMe page set up to help his family pay for his memorial service, where dozens of small donations have been made by the young people he worked with.

The fundraising effort hit its $5,000 goal Tuesday, a little more than 24 hours after it was set up.

“Its little kids, $5 here, $2 there, a dollar, all in two days,” Lathlin said.

“That goes to show what he did. He inspired these youth, he motivated them.”

No arrests have been made in Ahmed’s killing, and police ask anyone with information to call homicide detectives at 204-986-6508.

— With files from Brittany Greenslade

To the real story:

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...566985552.html

Windsor Hotel shooting victim had pending gun charges

By: Ryan Thorpe
    Posted: 01/14/2020 5:09 PM

Winnipeg’s latest homicide victim had multiple criminal charges pending against him at the time he was shot to death Sunday morning at the Windsor Hotel.

Yassin Abdu Ahmed celebrated his 20th birthday just 12 days before he was killed at the downtown hotel, which has gained an increasingly infamous reputation.

At the time of his death, Ahmed was soon expected in court to face charges of uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm in connection with a domestic incident on July 29, 2019.

He was also accused of carrying a concealed handgun and possessing a handgun for a purpose dangerous to the public. A warrant for his arrest was issued Aug. 19.

He was released from custody on a $1,500 recognizance Sept. 6. His last court appearance before he died around 3 a.m. Sunday was Dec. 3.

Ahmed was under a number of court conditions, including a weapons ban and an order not to contact or go near the woman he was accused of threatening.

Winnipeg Police Service spokesman Const. Rob Carver said Monday investigators believe an altercation broke out inside the entrance of the Windsor Hotel at 187 Garry St., before spilling out into the neighbouring parking lot.

Carver said police do not believe it was a drive-by shooting. However, he added, investigators are looking into possible gang connections.

"I can tell you that in almost all situations of public shootings where the shooting moves out onto a street, that almost without question the underlying theme is gang involvement. Almost 100 per cent," Carver said.

Ahmed was one of three men shot during Sunday's incident. The victims were taken to hospital, where Ahmed was pronounced dead.

His slaying marks Winnipeg’s second homicide of 2020. Last year, Winnipeg recorded a record 44 homicides.

The two other victims — whose names have not been released — have since been upgraded to stable condition. It remains unclear what relationship — if any — they had to Ahmed.

Police have not announced any arrests in connection with the shooting.

On Monday, the Spence Neighbourhood Association held a memorial gathering for Ahmed, who’d spent time employed as a youth worker at both the Magnus Eliason Recreation Centre and Broadway Neighbourhood Centre.

Ahmed’s family was reportedly originally from Somalia. After fleeing war, they travelled to Sudan, where Ahmed was born in a refugee camp. The family settled in Winnipeg in 2010.

Anyone with information relevant to the investigation are asked to contact homicide investigators at 204-986-6508.

ryan.thorpe@freepress.mb.ca
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Everyone and their grandmother knows this will change nothing including Turdo and company. Gun owners are an easy target for brownie points. That's about as basic as it gets.
    Government is your servant not your master.
    Taxation is theft.

Abolish government

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12