Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by spider69 View Post
    Mandatory training already existed as part of the PAL/RPAL licensing process long before the CCFR came about. Why are you taking exception to their position,now? That just sounds like an excuse not to support them when they seem to be doing the bulk of the heavy lifting,more than the NFA and just as much as the CSSA. Put your money where your mouth is and get your wallet out. quit complaining.
    Mandatory training was wrong before the CCFR, it is wrong now.

Opposition to it is not new.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

manic29 (01-24-2020)

I do not agree with licensing let alone manadatory training, I will be renewing my membership in the CCFR, CSSA and am even slightly considering rejoining NFA - but I am still a little ticked about the lawsuit thing and election crap a few years back, probably better to make a donation to one of the other orgs.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

I gave up on the nfa when the fighting started. but still support the CCFR and CSSA. we will see how they help me when push comes to shove.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RELOAD

Billythreefeathers (01-21-2020), Magi (01-21-2020)

Well, it's great to have strong, articulate and capable leaders and orgs to focus efforts.

But we will have to help ourselves. If a grassroots effort is to be successful, it will need it's roots to dig in.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Waterloomike

manic29 (01-24-2020)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    Mandatory training was wrong before the CCFR, it is wrong now.

Opposition to it is not new.
    why do I have to complete mandatory training and yet other Canadians do not?
    CSSA

It isnít about the others, it is all about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    why do I have to complete mandatory training and yet other Canadians do not?
    Letís first consider the case of Bobby gangbanger.

He and his buddies are exempt from mandatory training.

And yet, with the exception of their penchant for shooting up the neighbourhood, there are few instances of injuries due to misuse.

And letís not forget, neither licencing nor authorization to carry have training components that would make the student less likely to violate assault, manslaughter, or murder statutes.

This should be a no brainer, instead it has turned into a ďdonít use your brain sir.Ē

Mandatory training is simply another tool for ensuring that you will, rather sooner than later, be unable to lawfully employ firearms of any type for any purpose.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

10. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

manic29 (01-24-2020)

I don’t like or agree with mandatory training either, however I think it goes a long way to letting the general public, who know nothing of our laws, believe it keeps them safe and enables us to be described as the safest demographic in the country. And that’s not nothing.

Ultimately it comes down to the elites successfully convincing the people that we have no right to firearm ownership and we have been granted privileges that can be revoked. This is what has to change.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Swingerguy View Post
    I don’t like or agree with mandatory training either, however I think it goes a long way to letting the general public, who know nothing of our laws, (1) believe it keeps them safe and enables us to be described as the safest demographic in the country. And that’s not nothing.

Ultimately it comes down to the elites successfully convincing the people that we have no right to firearm ownership and we have been granted privileges that can be revoked. (2) This is what has to change.
    (1) Not being a politician, I don’t believe it is appropriate to feed the people bullshyte - for any reason!

We are safe because we choose to be, and because firearms are among the easiest, to use safely, of all the dangerous tools available.

(2) You want that to change?

You must tell the elites, and the people, that we will never accept the fiction that our rights are merely privileges doled out by our betters!
    Last edited by CLW .45; 01-21-2020 at 07:42 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

3MTA3 (01-22-2020), manic29 (01-24-2020), Swingerguy (01-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CLW .45 View Post
    (1) Not being a politician, I don’t believe it is appropriate to feed the people bullshyte - for any reason!

We are safe because we choose to be, and because firearms are among the easiest, to use safely, of all the dangerous tools available.

(2) You want that to change?

You must tell the elites, and the people, that we will never accept the fiction that our rights are merely privileges doled out by our betters!
    If you don't mind, I am going to massage that into a letter to the King of Canuckistan!
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    If you don't mind, I am going to massage that into a letter to the King of Canuckistan!
    Please do, and thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123