Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Random Cool Stuff and More Celebrity Sightings

The Press Room for those with a media pass

The famous “back pack”

The Throne of Freedom

Mini-gun at Elite Defense, the Official Sponsor of the Good Guys

GPNVG-18

MTM watches, including my favourite, the RAD with its built in Geiger counter

Gun DMC

I ran into the Ballistic Ink guys at Cabot guns…LOVED that Gustav shirt so much that I already ordered
    one lol…along with another hoodie…such great designs!

The 1 Millionth Sig P320

Bullpup Beretta

The Magnum Research BFR with 17” barrel!

Serious truck

I ran into a buddy and he got the prototype for the CRKT Provoke Stormtrooper edition! Let me know when you are ready to sell bro!

It was a real honour to meet Jerry Miculek and his family at the Mossberg booth..such nice people! And I am sure my shooting performance improved exponentially just by shaking his hand!

JM Edition Mossbergs

Glock’s new spokesperson, Chuck Norris!

All done with SHOT Show, we headed to PVK, an incredible knife store.

Thanks to PVK for letting me have a look at the Microtech John Wick special edition set

My second favourite was this Microtech OTF rescue hook prototype…with a $4800 price tag to reflect its
    rarity

Finally the Microtech

I picked up a Strider SLCC by Warren Thomas in his signature carbon fiber laminated and bonded to titanium and impregnated with carbide lol

And a set of John Wick assassin coins!

The obligatory swag pic

Coming up, the food of SHOT!
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RL1

lone-wolf (02-01-2020), Mjolnir (01-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    Wow, quick swap swipes, neat!

-Jamie M.

since people often ask me for food pics, i finally got around to uploading these...

I have already covered In-n-Out, Tilted Kilt, and Jack-in-the-Box so here come the rest. As you will see hamburgers and steak were the main theme.

Black Tap Grill

This turned out to be our best meal of the trip…in fact it was so good that we came back for a second visit!

The first time I had the Pizza Burger with marinara sauce, fried mozzarella, shaved parmesan

On our second visit, I had the Greg Norman burger 1/2 pound wagyu beef burger, house buttermilk-dill, blue cheese, arugula…definitely good but not quite as good as the pizza burger

And this sprinkle cake…keep in mind they normally serve this cake ON TOP OF a milkshake!!! But that was just too much for me.

Speaking of crazy milkshakes, how about one with a $20,000 diamond?

Heart Attack Grill

I learned about Heart Attack Grill many years ago from Jay Leno yet despite three prior visits to Vegas I had never been in the downtown area until now! I did make the trip exclusively for Heart Attack Grill as it seemed so interesting….people have literally died at this resto…including the owner!

First there is a giant scale outside…those who weigh over 350 pounds eat for free!

Then the hostesses, dressed as hot nurses, fit you in a hospital gown before seating you.

Burger options go up to a record breaking 10,000 calories! Fries are cooked in 100% pure lard…

I opted for a “double bypass” (two 8 oz. patties) without the chili or mayo.

and if you don’t finish your meal, the nurses spank you publicly!

I finished my burger…apart from the size, it was your typical burger.

Dude Where’s My Hotdog?

There were all kinds of food trucks at Industry Day at the Range but this one caught my eye with its claim of being voted “Best Hot Dog in Vegas”

I had the Nacho Dog with tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cheese and crema and I have to say it was one of the best hot dogs I have ever had!

I sold Tom on the idea and he had the Tomoya with fried udon noodles, fried egg, teriyaki, and Japanese mayo….he liked it but not as much as I liked mine

Pizza Rock

Of all the places on my list, I was most excited to go to Pizza Rock. On paper the place is awesome…founded by an 11 time World Champion in pizza, the restaurant is 9000 square has 9 different ovens to make every kind of pizza like Detroit, Chicago, Sicilian, Neopolitan etc. So big there is a Mack truck inside

Our pizzas were taking a really long time so the manager comped us an order of meatballs, which was the best part of the meal.

After another delay, the manager comped our whole meal, alcohol and all! I was pretty impressed as we didn’t even complain about the wait….that’s service in Vegas I guess.

I had the Sausage and Stout, a beer based pizza of which they make only 23 per day….it was good but I found it too sweet. Given the service I wish I could be more positive but honestly I would not order that one again. Next time I would try a Detroit style pizza.

Tom had an Old Chicago Cracker Thin…and it was better than mine

Gordon Ramsey Steak

Ok I really have mixed feelings about this one.

Located in the Paris resort, you walk through a glass tube that is supposed to simulate going through the Chunnel from France to England

First, about the service…I have seen this type of thing before, where they present the raw meat options etc. but I found them to be way over the top

Next the food…we both had signature dishes, namely the Beef Wellington and Fish and Chips…and our initial conclusions were: “really? This is what made Ramsey famous? This is why he yells at everyone?” In other words, we weren’t that impressed.

Potato flight

That having been said, I am craving beef wellington again! And I don’t know where to find it lol. So perhaps I was being too harsh and there is something there after all.

San Gennaro Burger

We wanted to have lunch at Black Tap but the lineup was huge so we ended up at San Gennaro in the food court.

First of all, the price was insane…US$28 for fast food burger, fries, and a drink???? I had the Avacado Club burger with Swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, bacon

It was ok but for that price we should have waited at Black Tap.

Delmonico Steakhouse

I was considering having the certified Piedmontese steak as I have never tried this type of meat but the server cautioned me that it tastes “like grass” so I went with a traditional filet mignon….and added foie gras

Plus potato croquettes with Vermont cheddar, sour cream and chives and a half order of creamed spinach

And for dessert, pecan pie tart with ice cream

My initial impression was that it was very good and “better than Gordon Ramsey” but again, days later I am craving beef wellington and not steak…so I guess the Ramsey meal was more memorable after all.

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 02-01-2020 at 10:16 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By RL1

ESnel (02-01-2020), lone-wolf (02-01-2020), mlj (02-02-2020), sunny0135 (04-21-2020), toysareforboys (02-02-2020)

Ok a few vids...

That TCM22 is a flamethrower!!

Tom shooting full auto for the first time

I forgot the model name but this full auto is from Singapore...."fun fact" at the end of the video the camera pans upward...that's because all ejected casings hit me in the testicles and i finally lifted my leg to ensure that i can still have kids.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RL1

toysareforboys (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    Ok a few vids...
    That Kriss needs a drum mag asap! Click, ziiiiiip, done. lol. Thanks for sharing!

-Jamie M.

Wow, thanks for posting.

The 22 TCM by RIA has me intrigued. I'd love to get one but so far the 22 TCM round isn't available in Canada yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234