Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,031 to 1,039 of 1039
    Mike Ackermann writes "As we experience one of the strangest periods of economic self destruction the world has ever seen, it may be a good idea to plan for a possible worst case scenario - and I am not talking about the virus, which will fizzle itself out in a few months like they all do.
    Prepare for 6 months with no resupply, no public water or sanitation, no power, and winter coming."
    And I think he could be right. There is no way to predict the intricate network of supply lines that exist to just create simple things like sewer and water. Including intellectual capital. When the government shuts things down, certain businesses will shut down that provide a crucial piece of the network. When that goes down then your water stops. Or your toilet or your electricity.
    Don't think this is some sort of exaggeration. This has happened in the past for these very reasons.
    -- Caillin Langmann

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

M1917 Enfield (Today)

What you are thinking of is how influenza attacked young people more severely in the 1918-1919 pandemic. It did this because young people missed the previous exposure to an earlier pandemic that older people were exposed to.
    -- Caillin Langmann

Lock down will slow contagion but it will likely restart one released. It's a very poor method and mass testing is much better. In terms of economic consequences its a massive disaster and likely causes more harm in the long run.
    -- Caillin Langmann

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

M1917 Enfield (Today)

In the depression they were at least trying to get people back to work. Imagine a depression where getting back to work is illegal?
    -- Caillin Langmann (ER Doctor, researcher, has mentioned this week of multiple personal anecdotes/examples of the many people he's had tested for COVID-19 in the ER)

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

M1917 Enfield (Today)

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Washington’s field hospital to be dismantled before treating a patient, sent to states worse-hit by coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...irus-dismantle
    CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    -- Callin Langmann

-- Mike Ackermann
    Worth noting they're both doctors.

Also trying to figure out bob's real name on fb since we're stalking the same people.
    Last edited by lone-wolf; Today at 08:14 AM.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    A Canadian-made rapid home test for coronavirus has been rejected by the Trudeau government despite being used in the European Union and the United States.

Rapid Response, a testing kit manufactured by an Ontario company called BTNX, is being used throughout the world, but the Trudeau government is refusing to approve its use in Canada, citing the World Health Organization's guidance as its reason.

The World Health Organization, whose opinion Canada is heavily relying upon, has come under heavy fire for first, failing to acknowledge data from Taiwan that coronavirus spread person to person, second, opposing a travel ban on China as China was infecting the world, and third, for failing to advise that citizens wear masks as a preventative measure against the pandemic.
    This tells you how inept our government really is and how little they have been protecting Canadians!
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

11. The Following User Liked This Post By M1917 Enfield

Smc (Today)

I have been watching the daily Ontario chinese virus press conference with Doug Ford and the gang. After Doug's really great update (in my opinion), when they take questions from the media I cannot believe how completely unintelligent the vast majority of the questions are.

If I was a professor of journalism who is responsible for these so called journalists I would be so disgusted with my self for giving these useless idiots a diploma I couldn't even look at myself in a mirror. It really is so disturbing how unintelligent most Canadian journalists are they must either bribe or perform sexual favors to receive their diploma.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Northshore

M1917 Enfield (Today), Smc (Today)

Part of the problem is that people don't watch or read news anymore. This leads to low revenue, which leads to companies hiring people for the lowest wage, rather than the highest quality.

The second problem compounds the first, and can be seen in many companies as well as government. As incompetent people gain power, they hire/promote people who are incompetent so that they won't be challenged on their incompetency. (Often accountants). The company eventually becomes a big fluster cluck, stops innovating, and dies a slow death.

P.S. the golden egg in long term investing is recognizing the second problem and either not investing or getting out before a company crashes.