Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    Yes sir- did that and sent one to his crony's too-

Mr Blair;

Back in March of 2015, Justin Trudeau said;
    “These are troubling times, across Canada, and especially in my home province, Canadians are being encouraged by their government to be fearful of one another.-Fear is a dangerous thing. Once it is sanctioned by the state, there is no telling where it might lead. It is always a short path to walk from being suspicious of our fellow citizens to taking actions to restrict their liberty.”
    Wise words- too bad that he failed to understand what they meant when he read them.
    Those who sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither
    . The Liberal plan to steal privately owned firearms from the most vetted segment of our society, has little to do with public safety or security, and in fact makes Canadians less so. Why don’t you stand up for Canadians instead of profiteering off fear?

Froff,
    3MTA3

I sent this in in response to the latest article in the Globe:

In response to demands from the Liberal base, Public Safety minister Bill Blair has announced that he will soon move to ban and confiscate certain firearms in Canada. This will entail vast amounts of time, effort and public money; all for the greater good, of course. However, the problem with the Liberal plan is that it is not so much a plan based on any credible evidence as it is a surrender to the demands of an implacable group of supporters who wish to see Canadians stripped of all firearms save for the government.

Justin Trudeau has always had much to say about how his government would make decisions and set policy based on sound evidence. However, on the firearms file, the government has exactly zero evidence to support its decision to ban and confiscate. What it does have is the emotion based demands of the gun control crowd. The Liberals have conducted no scientifically sound research or studies into the “problem” they wish to fix. None at all. In fact, the only hard data they have is their own online public consultation which overwhelmingly showed no support (>80% of respondents) for their plans to move ahead with further bans and confiscations.

Adding fuel to the fire are Bill Blair’s recent words in which he stated that legal gun owners are not a problem as they have always followed the law in regard to Canada’s already strict gun control regime. Further to this, Blair states that legal gun owners must be dealt with fairly and respectfully because of this. And this begs a question: How does the government propose to go about forcibly separating people from their legally acquired and used firearms, against their will, under threat of state sanctioned violence and or imprisonment whilst simultaneously claiming to be treating them fairly and with respect? A uniquely Canadian Gordian Knot, and one which I suspect would be solved, as was the original of legend, with the application of force; but in this case, without the benefit of wisdom and insight.

And while, Trudeau, Blair and the rest of the Liberal caucus fiddles, Canadian cities burn as young gang members continue to shoot each other and innocent bystanders with their illegally obtained, illegal firearms (as I write this, I note there is a news story of a 15 year old, suspected gang member who used an illegal handgun to shoot another 15 year old in Ottawa). These young thugs are only further emboldened by the simple fact that the government is leaving them alone, while it schemes to take away rifles and shotguns from hunters, farmers, collectors and sport shooters; people, who by Public Safety Minister Bill Blairs own words have always obeyed the law.
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

2. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By chuckbuster

3MTA3 (01-26-2020), awndray (01-25-2020), Gunexpert007 (01-25-2020), killer kane (01-26-2020), Soph (01-26-2020), Waterloomike (01-26-2020), wrencher (01-26-2020)

Good letter!

Adding fuel to the fire are Bill Blair’s recent words in which he stated that legal gun owners are not a problem as they have always followed the law in regard to Canada’s already strict gun control regime. Further to this, Blair states that legal gun owners must be dealt with fairly and respectfully because of this. And this begs a question: How does the government propose to go about forcibly separating people from their legally acquired and used firearms, against their will, under threat of state sanctioned violence and or imprisonment whilst simultaneously claiming to be treating them fairly and with respect? A uniquely Canadian Gordian Knot, and one which I suspect would be solved, as was the original of legend, with the application of force; but in this case, without the benefit of wisdom and insight.
    This lieberal govt in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbuster View Post
    I sent this in in response to the latest article in the Globe:

In response ......
    Great letter- I am stealing that for today's letter to the Turd and Billy-Club.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

That's a great one chuck.

May I?

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloomike View Post
    That's a great one chuck.

May I?
    Absolutely, sir!
    Magua took the hatchet to colour with blood...It is still bright.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By chuckbuster

Waterloomike (01-26-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123