Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New with plenty of questions I’m sure.

Hi all. I’m a 36 year old Shooting newby. Always been around them as my grandfather was a avid hunter. But I only actually shot one a couple weeks ago when I got a range shooting package for my family as a Christmas gift. We all had a lot of fun and have all signed up to get our non restricted PAL (except for my mother who all ready has it).

I have a couple guns I inherited from my grandfather (presently owned by my mother). And I have been meaning to get my PAL for many many years even before my grandfather passed, but I sadly never got round to it till now. The one is a Belgium made Browning SA22 break down Rifle. The other looks to never been fired Berretta A301 semi auto 12. Gauge shot gun according to the shop we took them too.

Both of these I don’t foresee shooting too much as there heir looms and I really don’t want to “learn maintenance on something that means so much”

So eventually once I get my PAL I intend to get a good First rifle (thinking Ruger 10/22 takedown) to learn the ropes with first. I like the idea of the take down as if it’s legal to do so I could ride my motorcycle to the range with the gun in the back pack. I also like the low cost of 22lr rounds to get lots of shooting in.

Any ways I’m sure I be pestering the knowledge base here with plenty of questions as time goes on.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Welcome to GOC and the shooting sports. The more the merrier it is said so it's great to see that this will be a family affair.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

That is Awesome! Welcome to the Forum!

As a newbie you probably don't realize how much firearms owners are under attack- but if you stick with it , your eyes will be opened wide! That 10/22 you are thinking of might very well be a candidate for prohibition!
    Have you heard about the Petition that needs support from as many people as you can muster?

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341

If you support this, it will be appreciated!- if you do sign , you have to confirm support by clicking a link in a email sent to you- this is important as your signature is not counted until you do. There are some threads about the petition worth reading here on the forum.
    You might also want to check out the CCFR-if you want to own guns they are trying to keep the government from denying your right!

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/

Have Fun! Be Safe!
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

elliott264 (02-04-2020), Swingerguy (02-03-2020)

Welcome to GOC! And make sure you protect the future of our shooting/hunting heritage by signing (you and your family) this petition: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341
    Pew pew pew

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

3MTA3 (02-03-2020), elliott264 (02-04-2020), Swingerguy (02-03-2020)

Welcome to the forums! Nice to hear you are keeping traditions alive.
    Lessons from history and events of today: "resist with all your might, because if you lose once, there will be a catastrophe for your people, and the world will ignore it."

howdy

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Hello!

Welcome to the forum.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Thanks all read threw and sign petition.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TinyBear

3MTA3 (02-03-2020), elliott264 (02-04-2020)

welcome, my advice, shoot that Browning, it's a wonderful rifle, you're not likely to hurt it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast