Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin vs Ruger

Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    Okay, since you've gone as far as those two then you owe it to yourself to also touch a Tikka T1x MTR.
    I did, and still find the CZ fit me better, and the Tika I handled was beautifully made, but the polymer/synthetic stock felt crappy to me.

If you want a plain jane gun that shoots accurately, dependably, and reliably, for a good price, choose Marlin 795(or 60).

If these qualities don't matter, and y'all got money to burn, you might just as well get a 10/22.

You really just need one of each
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

2012Cvoguy (02-09-2020), Stew (02-10-2020), Swingerguy (02-09-2020)

Need take a peak at a few offerings from savage I guess. Looked at a Mark ii heavy barrel in a synthetic stock while I was at shop too. It felt pretty good too but not a fan of the stock or mag for that matter. May have to try a A or B series some time.

I have both a Mark II heavy barrel and an A22 synthetic stock, not a huge fan of the stocks would like to chassis both but until then they are both very accurate

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

TinyBear (02-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I have both a Mark II heavy barrel and an A22 synthetic stock, not a huge fan of the stocks would like to chassis both but until then they are both very accurate
    Which of your two do you prefer? How has reliability of feeding and ejecting been on both?

never had any problem with my Mark II with over 5,000 rounds, the A22 I haven't shot a lot maybe 200 rounds, only issues have been with the Butler Creek 25 round magazine and it doesn't seem to like Remington Golden Bullets. The stock magazine has worked flawlessly for me. The A22 I'm just getting used to, replaced the Weaver scope supplied with a Pine Ridge I had but it was shooting less than dime sized groups at 25 meters out of the box, thinking it will get better with the different scope and some more rounds through it

you might want to have a look at this other new series from Savage, the laminate stock could fix my issues with flex,

Savage Mark II Minimalist

268-2019-11-21-02-01-1.png

11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Stew

linung (02-10-2020), Swingerguy (02-11-2020)

I have an old Lakefield (savage) .22 that is accurate enough to hit most gophers out to around 75 yards. I don't know it's age, but I have had it for around 25 years, and it was pretty old then. I paid $25.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

they're still made in Lakefield Ontario, plant had 50th anniversary Jan 2019 just before Vista sold Savage and Stevens to the CEO and President Al Kasper plus private investors

"We'll be looking for acquisition opportunities," Kasper told the Westfield Republican in an interview. "Businesses that are in the same space in the marketplace where we are and that will allow us to take full advantage of our manufacturing capabilities."

the precision and minimalist lines are a nice forward step, the precision barely costs more than a Oryx stock

14. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Swingerguy (02-11-2020)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast