Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marlin vs Ruger

Thanks for the help. Decided on a base Savage A22. Felt good in the hands, not as nice as the CZ. But for literally half the cost it feel like an appropriate first rifle to me.

Also have a Early Belgium Made browning SA22 and a Beretta a301 magnum 12g shotgun I will be taking over from my mother. But though I look forward to shooting these and caring for them. There not something I intend to shoot as regularly. There old and still look great (damn near new really especially the shotgun, guy at gun shop thinks it may have never been fired). and I’d like to do my best to keep em looking that way.

The savage was purchased for regular target shooting as well as potentially putting it on my ATV for target shooting up north and in future potentially trying rabbit hunting. (Love rabbit stew my grandmother used to make).

If I can trouble for some more help? The a22 I have does not include a scope rail. The receiver is tapped. Just looking for advice on a rail for it and a place I can get one? Additionally looking for scopes or a red dot advice. The range I looking to shoot at is only 20meters so the red dot or iron sights more than enuff for that. But I will be looking for places to shoot that stretches things out a bit. I located in southwest ontario. Kitchener area.

mine came with mounts but these guys have a one piece rail
    https://tillsonburggunshop.com/Weave...22-Base-Canada

scopes are for me dependent on price, get the best one you can afford

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    mine came with mounts but these guys have a one piece rail
    https://tillsonburggunshop.com/Weave...22-Base-Canada

scopes are for me dependent on price, get the best one you can afford
    Thanks. Thatís what I was looking for. Will hold off on a scope for now. May give a red dot a try since first whiles going be short range anyways.

Heres the guns now.

BC298EAB-78FC-4787-BE79-264895B9E3DD.jpgBD75911F-0EFF-4AB1-A7AD-291741886CB3.jpg5349827C-C0C5-4ED7-8DDA-FFD79A2A0163.jpg

Reviews on A22 often mention failure to feed, failure to eject. e.g. 22plinkster found about 1/50 shots or so had an issue. I was considering the magnum A22 but decided against when I could not find one testimony that it fed well.

mine has run flawlessly with the 10 round magazine, mind you only 200 and change through it with Federal Champion Bulk, only issues I've had have been with the Butler Creek 25 round magazine and Remington Golden Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
    Thanks. That’s what I was looking for. Will hold off on a scope for now. May give a red dot a try since first whiles going be short range anyways.

Heres the guns now.

BC298EAB-78FC-4787-BE79-264895B9E3DD.jpgBD75911F-0EFF-4AB1-A7AD-291741886CB3.jpg5349827C-C0C5-4ED7-8DDA-FFD79A2A0163.jpg

I don’t recall from your other threads if you have ever done much shooting, if you have then disregard this, if you have not you might want to spend some time learning the fundamentals on the iron sights. It’s always good to be proficient with the irons.
    And enjoy yourself.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

I agree, if you are constrained to 25 meters for now, stick with the irons, use the money for more ammo and shoot all of it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123