Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "...what constitutes a "suitable" container..." Yep. Other than is has to be opaque and sturdy. None of which s defined in the FA.
    The SA Inc. case will scream "Steal me." to a thief looking in your vehicle. So cover it. How or with what doesn't matter. It's just a CYA.
    This should have been covered in your RPAL course, but the synopsis is here. Note that the operative word is 'and'.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firearm...aying-firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Suputin View Post
    What would the charge be? The guns are registered and you are licensed. Not having a piece of paper with you is hardly a reason to charge a person. As we are all in CPIC, it is easy enough for a LEO to look that up.

I have never heard of any licensed gun owner in Canada being charged with the paper crime of forgetting registration certs at home.
    How would I know what the charge would be? Only you know what you're doing that isn't aligned with what a cop expects. I think there is at least one story out there of someone having all their stuff taken away and the charge didn't stick for some reason associated with LEO ignorance. It can take a long time to clear up the legal situation and get the firearms returned. Remember you're running the risk of losing all your stuff, not just what you're carrying to the range that day. Also having your name in the news with the criminal charge. If you want to tread the line with soft bags or whatever, you're free to do so. I just wouldn't take the chance it wouldn't work out.

It's the same as any other minor thing the police want to enforce as they see it. Schools in my province have a special speed limit. The law states it is related to presence of a child within 30 metres of the road. Yet I've seen speed trap set up in the night and nothing happening at the school. What speed do I drive? The one which the idiot cop is thinking applies. It's not worth it to have to argue about junk like that. I've got far better things to do with my time than argue law.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILL347 View Post
    Hey guys, so Iím a brand new restricted firearm owner. I just picked up a Springfield Armory 1911 and Iím itching to get it to the range. So far Iíve got my new PAL with conditions attached. The firearm has been in my possession for a week now. Am I supposed to receive a certificate in the mail? What all do I need?

It came with a soft case, is that acceptable to transport to range?

Thanks in advance

Attachment 21366

Attachment 21367
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you're asking these questions, just how did you pass your exam and get an rPal?

Astonishing. And no, I'm not tying to be rude. Honest question.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you're asking these questions, just how did you pass your exam and get an rPal?

Astonishing. And no, I'm not tying to be rude. Honest question.
    Well I don’t mean to be rude either but I did my restricted course back in July, I don’t remember every single rule that we talked about. It’s far from fresh in my memory. This is also my first restricted and I’ve been told/seen that it’s a bit of a process and I’m trying to understand it. I’ve been to the range maybe a half a dozen times in the last 10 years and that was just trying the range firearms. Is it still astonishing to you? I’m sorry I’m not a seasoned range goer restricted guru. It’ll take some time to get used to and I’m just asking for some guidance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12