Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Several (mine included) has significant stoppage problems (ie every round). Their initial remedy was a different buffer spring (did not work), and then they took it back and gave me a new upper receiver.

It works now, but Arms East never told me what was wrong with it. They don't really have to, but it works now.

I still have a very sour taste in my mouth for Stag products and Arms East for selling me a $2500 lemon (S model after tax) to begin with, but at least I now have a working rifle.

I put a two-stage KAC trigger in it and it's much better, but the accuracy is still junk (3-4 MOA).
    WE have heard endlessly that you were "beside yourself" not being told what was done to fix it. HO HUM.

Who knows if your gun can do better, might not be the gun? Why not spend the time and $$ to figure out the factory ammo it likes best or develop a proper load and dollars to donuts someone will be able to shoot a better group. Be sure to try Nosler Custom Competition, it is excellent, around $40.00++/20 plus tax. If you are using military grade IVI you will never get excellent groups. Use a lead sled.

IF you want a better quality .308 SA find a FNAR. They will shoot under a inch with good milsurp ammo, even better with custom loads or high end factory ammo. They are about as good as a bolt gun.

I'm shocked you didn't know the FN was better before you purchased the Stag? Have one of each, its only money!

You Stag by definition is NOT a lemon....substitute "anything" for vehicle. IIRC yours had ONE issue. In US English, a lemon is a vehicle (often new) that turns out to have several manufacturing defects affecting its safety, value or utility.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Lee Enfield

Grizz Axxemann (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    WE have heard endlessly that you were "beside yourself" not being told what was done to fix it. HO HUM.
    Probably a steady diet of Norinco and Barnaul. That garbage will make any gun choke. I know they did for mine. Proper ammo=proper function.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

Several (mine included) has significant stoppage problems (ie every round). Their initial remedy was a different buffer spring (did not work), and then they took it back and gave me a new upper receiver.

It works now, but Arms East never told me what was wrong with it. They don't really have to, but it works now.

I still have a very sour taste in my mouth for Stag products and Arms East for selling me a $2500 lemon (S model after tax) to begin with, but at least I now have a working rifle.

I put a two-stage KAC trigger in it and it's much better, but the accuracy is still junk (3-4 MOA).
    I forgot about the lemon you ended up with, glad its all sorted out though. Other than the issues with yours and the loose gas blocks in the first batch they seem alright. I have a few buddies that have them and they have nothing but good things to say. I may have to order a couple here shorty..

As for this new WS 180, I think i am going to wait and see how they turn out. Once the bugs are worked out I may get one and put a folding stock on it. It would make a good truck gun then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Probably a steady diet of Norinco and Barnaul. That garbage will make any gun choke. I know they did for mine. Proper ammo=proper function.
    Nice try, but wrongo bongo.

I posted pics of all off the shelf name brand rounds I was shooting. Same stoppages with all types of ammo, including premium stuff.
    I have no signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Norinco ammo is known to be quite hot. I've shot over 8,000 rounds of it and never had a rifle malfunction.

I am finding it tempting to buy this thing. $1500 after tax is still a lot to pay for something that's nowhere near the quality of a $1500 AR15, let alone a $1000 AR15, but non-restricted is pretty tempting.

The last AR15 I bought was the Sig M400 Tread for $200 less than this WS MCR, and the quality is very good. Not amazing, but almost excellent. In order to fund the MCR, I'd have to sell that Sig Tread and spend more money to get a worse gun.

It really is counter-intuitive, but the more things I can have that aren't on a registry, the better.

Still, I can't help by remember the extremely recent WK fiasco, so I'm not exactly in a hurry to spend more money on something that doesn't work.

Nice try, but wrongo bongo.

I posted pics of all off the shelf name brand rounds I was shooting. Same stoppages with all types of ammo, including premium stuff.
    The issue is you seem to be incapable of letting anything go especially when you are not catered to by people you deal with.

I wonder if you are the type of customer that decades ago one retailer would send a letter to stating "It appears the quality of our goods and service do not meet your standards and we request you no longer do business with our firm".

PS..my son had a RFB that was a lemon, they tried to fix it, took months and failed, got his money back from the retailer, was never told what was the problem...he let it go..end of story!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    The issue is you seem to be incapable of letting anything go
    I sure hope one of you end up capable of this.
    (I'm sure you both can infer what I want to avoid)
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I sure hope one of you end up capable of this.
    (I'm sure you both can infer what I want to avoid)
    I absolutely know what you mean. I haven't said a single thing about the guy on this thread. I've made posts about the WS MCR and the Stag 10.

He went after me in post 21 and 27, and I have no intention of counter-attacking him.

OK, so what do you guys think of the Kodiak Def 180 NSR...short vid at bottom of post 14 ??

I like the idea of the ar-15 charge handle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast