Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter

Modern Sporter

Does anyone here own one? I have questions, considering shuffling the deck.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Yes I have 1. I moved all the parts from my AR 15 build over to it.
    g4pGClQ.jpg
    I love the rifle.

Try any other non-res options? Considering ditching a couple rifles for one

Aptet aut mori

I have had a maccabe and couldn’t get rid of it fast enough. I had a Robinson xcrl, too heavy but great gun. H&K SL8, awesome gun accurate as hell but heavy. Tried a Ar 180 didn’t like it, not interested in the new knock offs but they are ok for a budget gun. Tried the beretta thing and it’s weird but kinda cool, just hard to modify.

I also have a stag 10 and my buddy has a modern hunter in 6.5 Remington, the quality is amazing on ATRS machine stuff but the price is high.

I have one of the 1st 50 mvs receivers and it has some problems like front take down pin doesn’t sit flush and some uppers had a problem with clearance on the bolt before the fix was in, mine was fine.
    Last edited by Magmalis; 02-20-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Very nice rifle- I like it better than my DD or CC.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Yeah, I had a Anderson/Aero with a DD bolt and Geissele trigger and I just threw everything in the mvs but I wish I had a DD.
    My only real complaint with the mvs is how it comes apart and the buffer spring, it is best to buy a captured buffer spring for that but everyone I know that has done this has had some tuning pains to get the mvs running good.

I stuck with milspec everything and mine never had a problem, start adding light bolts different gas lengths and other fancy crap and you bring on problems.

My name is on a set. Now a long wait.

Edit, any parts I should be avoiding? My lower will be simple, whatever is cheapest.
    Upper, I have a lmt bcg and a bcm charging handle in the parts bin, everything else is up in the air.
    Last edited by lone-wolf; 02-22-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Aptet aut mori

You can buy trigger packs like the trigger tech but you need to shave the rear top of it off to allow for clearance of the rear fixed pin. I went with a Giesselle ssae 2 stage trigger.

If you can afford a captured buffer spring that will be my next upgrade. It avoids the spring popping out because the catch pin isn't held in place by the buffer tube. This might have been fixed since i bought my early model.

I like the KNS trigger non rotation pin system for a standard type trigger. I figure the wear will be on the pins and the trigger which are replaceable and not the pins and receiver.

There is nothing i know of to specifically avoid that you wouldn't also avoid in a standard AR.

The plunger for the buffer spring on my MS, works the same as my AR's, maybe yours is different, or mine will start popping out ?- - I actually like the way the upper and lower connect-seems very good, easy to use.
    To build the rifle, I just transferred parts from another AR to build the rifle, and am selling the left overs. I had no issues in assembly, everything just worked.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Great to hear, I'm keeping an eye out for donors

Aptet aut mori

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast