Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter

My buffer tube doesn't screw in far enough without contacting the upper to hold the catch pin for the end of the buffer. I could probably grind off a millimeter of the tube so it threads one more full turn but leave the extra bit on the bottom to contact the pin. I think it has been remedied also. Like i said i have one of the 1st 50 of the 1st run.

I can take some close up pics when i get home after work tonight to show the defects.

Mine will be the 4th run by the time I get it
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Great to hear, I'm keeping an eye out for donors
    I think either a Colt Canada SA 20 or one of them FN military collector M16's would make a nice donot rifle for a modern sporter. Thats what I plan on doing anyway

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    I think either a Colt Canada SA 20 or one of them FN military collector M16's would make a nice donot rifle for a modern sporter. Thats what I plan on doing anyway
    There's a fn one on the cgn, and I think you're right. No cash for one that expensive at the moment though.
    Don't want to start selling other rifles of mine off yet, till I know the atrs is coming.

Aptet aut mori

Mine will be the 4th run by the time I get it
    My biggest fear is that the Turd would outlaw or restrict these before you could take possession.

However, after reading the thread, I'm quite interested in the Modern Sporter. Not sure if I will pick one up or stick with my plan with getting a HK SL8.

I would like to order a spare upper and make up a 224 Valkerie rifle, too bad they are so far behnd
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    My biggest fear is that the Turd would outlaw or restrict these before you could take possession.

However, after reading the thread, I'm quite interested in the Modern Sporter. Not sure if I will pick one up or stick with my plan with getting a HK SL8.
    I'm not selling anything right now for that reason. Don't want to sell 2 or 3 rifles to build this one, only to end up with none.
    Considered the SL8 before Christmas and ended up talking myself out of it. The quirks from the reviews I read mostly, can't recall what exactly though, sorry.

Aptet aut mori

M37pxRH.jpg
    Front take down pin not sitting flush.
    YnBGUdc.jpg
    Buffer tube is screwed all the way in and doesn't cover enough of the pin to keep it in place properly so i bent the spring ome day and just took it out.
    8HeAypq.jpg
    Trigger group and rear fixed take down pin and the hook for the rear of the upper reciever. The hook can be ground down or the trigger pack can be ground down for fitment of you use one I have seen both done. Any standard trigger will fit fine.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By Magmalis

lone-wolf (02-24-2020)

There's a fn one on the cgn, and I think you're right. No cash for one that expensive at the moment though.
    Don't want to start selling other rifles of mine off yet, till I know the atrs is coming.
    I believe Aztech has the FN cold hammer forged barrels in 20 inch. Would be a lot cheaper to just buy the barrel instead of the whole rifle..

So what are the major differences between the SLR and the Modern Sporter? The Macabee is slightly cheaper and more readily available it seems... why is it less popular?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast