Pics from the 2020 Toronto Autoshow

Well if you like Porsche, especially super rare ones, as well as ultra exclusive modern and vintage exotics, this was the car show for you!

Let’s start with my absolute favourite car of the show, the super limited edition factory re-release Porsche 935…in all carbon fiber! You heard that right, a factor re-release 935! I will restrain myself from posting ALL of the pictures I took of this beauty.

The new 718 Cayman GT4 is so tame in comparison

Even more tame but almost as exclusive as the 935 in its own right, the retro styled Singer 911

Another rare Porsche that is one of my favourite cars of all time, the 959, one of the 14 cars on display courtesy of Lucas Scarfone and his Autostrada Magazine

Oh but wait, there’s more! Hypercar Porsche 918

And Porsche Speedster!

Again, compared to Porsche’s latest design, the new electric Taycan

I wonder if the Autostrada booth comes to life after hours like Night at the Museum..i can just picture the rekindled rivalry between Lamborghini and Ferrari…legend has it that Lamborghini made tractors…

…And then decided to make a sportscar out of dissatisfaction (and some verbal back and forth) with Ferrari. The Miura was one of his earliest designs and what are the chances there would be two at the show!

Meanwhile, from Ferrari…the Enzo!

And 488 Pista, capable of 0-60 in 2.8 seconds!

More classic supercars courtesy of Autostrada, the Jaguar XJ220

Compared to the new Jaguar Project 8…available for sale starting at $208,000!

Lancia Stratos, for us rally fans.

Back to modern hypercars like the Pagani Huayra in purple carbon fiber, which as someone pointed out, would make a great beater car if….

…you didn’t want to get your $16,000,000 Bugatti Voiture Noir dirty lol

Last year’s show featured a rare McLaren Senna in all carbon fiber. Too common for you? How about the new, even more exclusive Can-Am version?

Speaking of McLaren, some of their historic race cars. I love the digital display on the exterior of the last one

Another British car with racing heritage, the Bentley Continental GT Convertible Number 1 Edition by Mulliner with a 6L W12 Twin Turbo and does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds

One of several Ford GTs (again, new and old) at the show

The new Shelby GT500 (I was just at the Shelby Museum / Factory in Vegas a month ago)

Ford Mustang Bullitt

The new “electric Mustang” the Mach-e

Felino

Pinninfarina Battista

So great that the Audi RS6 is finally making it to our shores…with ceramic brakes even.

The latest Audi S8

The new BMW M8

BMW M2CS

And a future glimpse of BMW, the Next Vision

In case the purple BMW was too discreet for you, how about this Alfa?

Also available in black

Not as brightly coloured but equally likely to make a grand entrance, the Doge Charger Hellcat widebody Daytona

Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

The new mid-engine Corvette…again seems so tame compared to all of the wild options coming out. At least I really liked the interior

The venerable Nissan GT-R

Nissan Micra Cup

Subaru WRX STI with subtle spoiler

Honda Civic Type R

I prefer the old school Acura Integra Type R…another of my all time favourites

Toyota Supra

I much preferred this version

Even better, the full blown race car

Great new colour for the Highlander

And Sequoia

Though when it came to SUVs, my favourite of the show was the re-released Land Rover Defender…which I much preferred in 2-door configuration

I was going to make a “back to the Future” joke with all of these classic cars and re-releases but that would have been too lame 😉 Oh look….

More movie cars…

You don’t want this in your rearview mirror.

So all in all it was a very interesting show. I am not sure that it was the best CIAS ever but I certainly cant recall such a good mix of new and classic cars with re-releases mixed in at past autoshows.

I know that the $150 deposit I put on the Tesla Cybertruck is refundable…perhaps I can put that toward the Porsche 935…

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RL1

lone-wolf (02-21-2020)

I worked at a farm supply that was dealing in Lamborghini tractors in the late 90’s... The only Lamborghini I’ve ever driven topped out at 40km/h. Handled like a dream though....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

My taste in cars and trucks hasn't left the early 90s, but a new Challenger and that Highlander I could live with
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I'll have the Miuras and the Stratos, you guys can have the rest

Where are the Camaro shots?
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

did you see this guy?
    ScreenCapture.jpg
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    I worked at a farm supply that was dealing in Lamborghini tractors in the late 90’s... The only Lamborghini I’ve ever driven topped out at 40km/h. Handled like a dream though....
    Cool! I think this one topped out at 27km/hr (though might have been mph)…it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    My taste in cars and trucks hasn't left the early 90s, but a new Challenger and that Highlander I could live with
    Retro seems to be very popular with all of these re-releases…I say bring back the Buick Grand National GNX!

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    I'll have the Miuras and the Stratos, you guys can have the rest
    I was a bit disappointed by the Stratos…always loved them as a kid (I had a toy one) and this was my first time seeing one in person

Quote Originally Posted by Sabio View Post
    Where are the Camaro shots?
    Last year they had a ZL1, this year just an LTZ convertible (although they did have Kitt and an old IROC in the vintage section) that some old guy was manhandling (like he was adjusting the steering wheel so forcefully I thought he was gonna bring it home)

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    did you see this guy? ScreenCapture.jpg
    No..he must have been in car form

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Meh, build me a 3/4 tonne diesel truck that I can use around the farm and fix myself.
    I’m like a northern pike and love the shiny crap, but as I’ve aged I’ve learned not to bite.

Keep the pictures coming RL1 I look forward to your posts!
    #wexit

thanks!

The Toronto Sportsmen's Show is next month and i am wondering if it is worthwhile attending this year...a lot of people have pulled out and will be at TACCOM in September. (which i am obviously covering again)...not even sure there will be any guns at all at the Sportsmen's show! (well, Shooter's Choice is the only exhibitor i see)

RL